2 be Lexan or not 2 be ??

rex362

whats up with Lexan t-tops...thats what I have on mine...they look very good...and very light weight as well ....

what was/is the exact problem with Lexan t-tops..??

rex

Lexan here,,oh wait i just sold my TTA,,,,PS you better spell check the word princess in your sig :p

Yes

mine are/were lexan. Some say they scratch easy,,well hell if you take care of them they wont :biggrin:

They are lighter than glass to :cool:

mine are lexan but they're spider cracked horribly. I bought a pair of glass ones to use daily because I thinkt he lexan looks better whenever the sun shades are on since you can't see the spider cracks.

lexan is lighter but they scratch really easy.

the tta came with both... no one is for sure how many of each were sent out though.

That el cheapo crap home depot sells as lexan cracks easily, real rm-10 lexan does not. Buddy has a blown,injected on alcohol nova with all lexan windows and they are harder to scratch than you might think. I have rm-10 in the racecar and have wiped it off plenty of times with a rag and it's been just fine. Not sure about t-tops though......

Big Stu said:
That el cheapo crap home depot sells as lexan cracks easily, real rm-10 lexan does not. Buddy has a blown,injected on alcohol nova with all lexan windows and they are harder to scratch than you might think. I have rm-10 in the racecar and have wiped it off plenty of times with a rag and it's been just fine. Not sure about t-tops though......

Most plastic body parts today are made of the next generation lexan . . . which is a 110% better quality product than the lexan in 1989.

I had Lexan in mine and loved the weight and look of them. Only problem I had was my corners broke from the car twisting at the track. That was before the SFC went in. So 1.6x short times tweaked the car enough to break the corners.

Other than that, they were fine. Couldn't see it until the tops came out.