2 kills for the Volt Booster!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
Anyone else having trouble with their Volt Booster taking out the alternator? Mine took out my OE unit in a few thousand miles, then took out a new unit after 2 passes at the track: :mad: I'm curious as to what exactly the Volt Booster is killing and why???

There have been many threds about these in the past.

Which vendor's volt booster are you using??

I personally have used RA's Volt Booster on many cars with no problem. I even had one on a daily driven car for over 50k+ miles without a hiccup.

Others opinions will vary.

K.

This one is the RA volt booster. I had another RA VB on my GN for many thousands of miles....no problems??? I'm beginning to think this one might be a bad apple.

I got mine at Caspers Electronics

I have the same problem. I thought I was getting bad alternators, but 5 in a row. :confused:

I've had mine for 10k miles with no problems check your ground cables you got too much juice going to the alternator and maybe one of your ground cables is not grouding properly to make for the extra volts, check the one under turbo and the one behind coil pack..

I checked the grounds The one from the battery to the turbo bracket, the 2 at the trans bell housing and the one from the fire wall to the head all look good. Do they make an alternator that cant be killed?

I have to have a alternator to run the cd player, 4 10 inch subwoofers, AC, power windows and cruse control wile going down the track running 9s