2 motor questions

951 Blackplanet

#1 will align honing affect main bearing clearance,or is just to make sure that the crank runs straight and true?#2 what is the max a std bore can measure before it needs to be bored?im ready to start my rebuild and really dont want to have to rebore if its not necasarry.also does trw make a forged piston in a std bore.......thanks

#1 will align honing affect main bearing clearance,or is just to make sure that the crank runs straight and true?#2 what is the max a std bore can measure before it needs to be bored?im ready to start my rebuild and really dont want to have to rebore if its not necasarry.also does trw make a forged piston in a std bore.......thanks
#1 yes it will if the caps are not shortened. Anytime you remove metal from the bore the clearance will increase. The machine shop should be able to take a little of the ends of the caps to keep the clearance in spec. If they dont know how to do this find a new shop.
#2 If you run TRW's you can go .004-.005 on the clearance but it may make a little noise till they warm up.
#3 TRW has a std. replacement forging. Not sure on the part number though.

im trying to stay with the stock pistons and bore what is the maximum bore size,and what is the minimum piston diameter,all std parts?thanks

You need to measure all of the pistons and walls per bore. They make long feeler gauges to make a garage reading. If you start going over a loose .004 or .005 its time to get it bored.

TRW pistons

My one experience with stock bore TRW forged pistons 2 years ago was that they are a little BIG. I had a stock bore block that had.0015 wear. Honed the block slightly to get the recommended TRW clearance. Engine is very quite.

On honing the mains--there is a high and low limit (bore size) IMO, I would keep it on the tight side.