2-step or not to 2-step??

Can someone experienced explain how you can hold the car without moving with just a 2 step @ 3k and 20psi boost?

I am not a expert this is just my opinion on your frustration .the 2 steps sole purpose isn't to build boost although it is a great aid to help with that. That's why ppl have a trans brake in conjunction with the 2 step so the motor does have some sort of load on it . If you pull timing while the 2 step is actavated it will add heat in the exsaust which will help build alil more boost but again if you where under the impression that just adding a 2 step would cure any boost issues idk what else I can say about this. O yea and having a quality boost controller with C02 and a launch boost setting will also help greatly. I am running a external gate with no spring just co2 so I am 100% positive that my waste gate is pinned shut allowing all that super heated exsaust to flow through the turbine and not by passing it

Can someone experienced explain how you can hold the car without moving with just a 2 step @ 3k and 20psi boost?

With the switch located on the brake pedal its easy, you step on the brake pushing the switch, trans in drive and floor it, watch the boost come up to your desired launch psi and let er rip. I have mine set at 3600 (i think i could go higher) and leave with as much boost as the track will hold. Ive cut 1.42 60' with this procedure, the track closed for the year before i could find the limit of my m/t e.t. pros. Pretty sure 1.3x arent out of the question. I'm running a 2 step through xfi but when i had the bailey 2 step with sd2 chip the procedure and results were the same. I had alky and closed loop disabled on both setups while the 2 step was active. I still havent tried pulling timing with the xfi but with the bailey the boost seemed to come up a little quicker.

My buddy let me use his gopro for an in car video last time i went to the track, this gives you an idea of what it works like even though the boost gauge isnt clear. Please ignore my rattly swingouts, the microphone is really sensitive. Also note the alky is spraying (green light on dash) during the burnout and not while spooling till i let off the brake/2 step