You can type here any text you want

2 WRX's in one day

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Quick6'n'-K.C.

wana steal it? meet mr9mm
Staff member
With the prices of gas these days, i try to drive sane till i find something worth playing with-

Im on the highway on the way to work yesterday morning, the left lane ends and i get passed by a burgandy WRX just before the lane ends..... then i have a flashback from tuesday or wednesday,...hmmm i did just the same thing to a burgandy WRX the other day except i floored it right past him. LOL

so i figured it was the same guy, same time as earlier this week and once that 3rd lane opened back up, i knew it would be "game on".... yes sir, that third lane open up and he took off, so i gave him about a 4 car lead and i reeled him in like nuttin..

i thought they were supposed to be fast??? HEHEHEHEHE
I love my alky kit:)

second one was after work, i went to the bank, sitting a stoplight to turn right, and noticed a blue WRX eventually going to be headed the same way i was... i pulled out and drove to about 20MPH and waited for him to pull along side, there was no traffic

i see him coming, but he didnt slow down and wait for him to get right beside me. He had at least 15-20MPH on me rolling-

I floored it once he was right beside me, totally giving him the advantage, and that puts him about 1- 1.5 cars in front of me, he bites and has it floored.
Now we were going at the same rate of speed, except he was 1 car in front and we were gaining speed, about 2 seconds pass i was passing him with the convertor locked up to 80 or so and put 2 cars on him and let out, i got the fly-by....

Well, he didnt fully slow down???? He kept it at 65 in a 45 so i decided to catch him, just in case we hit the next red light.... hell yeah, red light coming up, i picked the far left lane in a 4 lane.

he was in the middle left lane STOPPED at the red light at the line, i come rolling up to stop and stage... i get 2 cars back from the line, this guy BUSTS a right hand turn in front of 2 other cars to turn right and "not race" whats up with that?????:rolleyes:

well, those were the 2 WRX's that i got to race.
i havent street raced in awhile, just trying to see where my car stands... now i need to go vette hunting, and turn the boost up:D

BW

not bad...

i actually got to test drive a wrx a while ago. there fairly fun cars but definatly not worth all the hype. maybe i got a bad one but i was not impressed. i think my gs would hang right with one. i'd still take one, if they didn't cost so much.

Not bad, yeah i hear ya.

Two of my turbo regal buddies had them in the past but i never had the chance to race either of them, i think they knew who would win;)

Well, last night we went out looking for some fun.
I had the chance to race a modified 03 cobra..... had chip, air filter assy and loud ass exhaust.

I knew that he would really beat up on my car on the highway,my car still has the stock turbo. So we did a 45 punch, i held him off to about 115-120 or so, then he just walked away....

We met up again at a car spot and swapped passengers, turns out his passenger used to work with my dad, SMALL WORLD!

Anyway, my buddy was in his 03 cobra and we did a dead stop race from a stoplight, he had 315/35series drag radials and i had the ole 275/60/15 BFG all season radials, not drag radials...

Light turned green and my car hooked awesome, his bogged or something and i put 2 cars on him to about 120 or so as he was reeling me in, and finally passed me pretty damn good.
I let out at 130 and they took it to 140... man that was a real good race! I think that if we were racing in the 1/4 i would have won, but he would have had about 6 more MPH than my car.
Those cars are sick!

So today i ported the compressor housing and inlet bell on my stock turbo in hopes that it will get me another 1/2 MPH in the quarter, maybe about 10 HP.

My car only picks up 21MPH from the 1/8th to the 1/4 with the convertor locked and EGT only at 1520.
Hopefully get the car back to 23MPH like it used to with the stock turbo, need to get my EGTs back up to 1650

i cant wait till i finally get it all dialed in, waiting on a new alky pump...
BW

Oh i forgot, this was only at 20 PSI of boost, my 4 year old alky pump wont pump enough to supress the detonation.

My car went through almost 1 gallon of denatured in one evening
:eek:
I know i raced the 99 lightning 3 times,eclipse twice, 05 GTO for a few seconds, cobra 5 times, pack of mustangs twice, and a 5 way race twice against more mustangs and a v8 240 LOL...
What an incredible evening!!!!!

At the end of the night i went and filled up my tank with 87 octane, the MPG was 15.00... not too shabby for way over 15 passes that evening...

still trying to find out where my car stands against other faster cars...

BW

Not that car LOL-

they were both regular WRX's not the STi version.

nice link
:eek:

BW

WRX's are DOGGS from a roll. The AWD kills their top end. The WRB car would have had a much greater chance against you from a dig. I would try to defend the WRX like I used to a few years ago, but now some of the 02's are getting into the wrong hands. The WRX is turning into the next DSM.:mad: Many of the new subie guys don't have the love. Not waiving at eachother, being tuff, etc. Glad I upgraded to the STi.

Nick

No top end?

I don't know about that. I can tell you that I had a 05 STI with me while we were chasing down some Ahole in a vette. We were doing 140+. I do know we were making the vette guy mad that we were on his butt and he was not pulling away from us. I would have loved to see the top speed of the 3 cars if the road would have been longer.

Brian;)

Not talking about the STi's. Mine pulled pretty hard to its limiter at 152mph. But the WRX falls on its face up top, the awd and 3rd and 4th gear ratios just kill them. The cars do better with the STi RA gear sets (5spd).

Nick

HAD a 34 on the old times and set up. I picked up a old version PE1820 :) Its a lot bigger than a 18g, just a hair smaller than a 20g. The new ones run the 34 housing, the old ones run a RX7 housing. Its a lot bigger than the new version. Im running 23lbs of boost, I got roadtuned has never knocked ever.. should put me at 12.0's. Im gonna do the RA gears once the trans goes. Then maybe step up to a green or do a 35 shot. Should be fun...:D

Don-

Back