You can type here any text you want

2000 ish Stang w/ 50 shoot goes down.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbojorge

Unstoppable
2000 ish Stang w/ 50 shot goes down.

I was on my way to my g/f house on tuesday night when I noticed that someone was on my tail. I looked threw my rearview and I see a mustang. Now, i have a "not so mustang friendly" sticker on the back of my car so I new this guy was going to try something. He Goes over to my left lane and slows down next to me. He puts his window down and asked me if I wanted to run it. I'm thinking sure why not, so I say"let's catch a light" but he saids no, lets go from a role, I told him it wouldn't be fair cause he was stick and I was automatic, but then thought what the hell. We went from a role and I pulled about half a car and them we let off at about 75. So he stays next to me and asked me what I was running. I told him 13.3. ( I run 13.3 at the track w/110 octane and 21#, I am much slower than that on the street with only 16#)He shows me his nitrous switch and told me he was running a 13.1 with a 50 shot of NOS. So we are talking and holding up traffic and everything, and to my surprise we catch a light. So I look and him and ask him if he wants to go or not. He said yes. Ohhh Boy. I build like 1# and take of on him spinning tire like crazy(235's suck). By the end of first, I all ready had half a car on him, by the middle of second, it turned into a car and a half. By the time I hit 75, I looked in the rearview and I had him by like 2 + cars so I just shut it down. He came up next to me and told me good run. I asked him what happened and he told me that one of his lines was clogged and the NOS wasn't getting threw. I don't Understand that. How could you have a brand new car and have a line clogged up already. Another thing, If your going to spray your motor, why not go big. I mean come on, I hear honda's spray 50,60, even 75 shots but a mustang, with only a 50 shoot! Give me a break. I can tell you one thing, that wasn't no 13.1 pass if it was at track. Later.

Many will agree , anything can happen on the street. As far as the 50 shot, maybe he just put the nitrous kit on and he wants to get used to it gradually upping the pills. What good is a 150 shot on street tires? Its all i can think of. Nice kill anyway, at least he was cool too.

How can a nitrous line get clogged? And he's got a 50hp shot and ONE of his lines got clogged? How many lines does he have? Why does he have more than one for a measly 50hp shot?

I believe he could run 13.1 on the squeeze. I have a '88 Mustang that ran 13.1@108 on street tires which was stock with a 75hp shot. And it ran a 13.8 on the motor.

Well, that should tell you how much knowledge about nitrous I have. He could have said his "line" ( singular just for you captain skippy) was clogged and I heard differently. Keep in mind that we were talking car to car at about a 20 mph speed. It was kind of hard for me to hear him under all that enormous Ford Power. Then again it could have just been an excuse of why he lost because he didn't want to go again. If I were in a brand new mustang with NOS, and lost to a V6, I would have came up with some excuse too.

"not so mustang friendly"

hee hee..and what might it say?

Originally posted by Turbojorge
Then again it could have just been an excuse of why he lost because he didn't want to go again. If I were in a brand new mustang with NOS, and lost to a V6, I would have came up with some excuse too.

That's what I'm saying, laddie! I've never heard of a clogged nitrous line. So he was probably making an excuse.

Then I think it was a very bad excuse right? I mean, My car has posi and airbags now, so it's much quicker than what my signature saids. Still, not 13.1 times on 16 psi though. Maybe I'll see him again sometime. Maybe he'll be spraying more. Who knows.

As for my sticker, If i was to give it out, every Camaro, Supra, TR, and all those other cars who love spanking mustangs will be wearing it on the street tommorrow.

If i was to give it out, every Camaro, Supra, TR, and all those other cars who love s

I'm not a sticker person myself...plus I dont have a car that will run 13s in the 1/4 mile so I think putting something like that on my car would be telling the world I'm a cocky prick....but if I ran 13s in the 1/4 then I wouldn't feel bad about putting it on the car.:D

One sticker, thats all I need to have some fun around here.

What type of car is it that you have captain skippy?

What type of car is it that you have captain skippy?

A far cry from a GNX:D

A 305 Camaro!

Did you call me a cocky prick or was that just my imagination.
You need to structure your sentences a little beter.

Man, a friend of mine had one of those about two years ago and it was slow. He had the 305 HO.
On a scale from 1 to slow, it was pretty slow. Think we got it down to like a 15.7 and it said "NO MOOOOOOOORRREEEE".

I'm not a sticker person myself...plus I dont have a car that will run 13s in the 1/4

read that over again I wasn;t insulting your car...if anything it was a compliment. I was saying if I put that sticker on my car I would feel like a cocky prick due to the fact that my cars slow and most if not all 5.0 4.6s new v6s mustangs would hang my a$$ to me. But lets say I had a car that ran 13s (like yours) I wouldn't feel that way about putting that on my car due to the fact that I could be all mustangs. Sorry I should have worded that better

As for the 305 HO (L69) that could have ran a little lower(depending miles etc etc)..but nothing in the 14s.

On another note some..well I'm not going to get into I should just keep my mouth shut.

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought it was going to get nasty in here.

I have nothing bad to say about Camaros. It's just the mustangs that really pi$$ me off. They put flowmaster on their cars and make them loud and everything, but they don't move.
Later.

I apologize on not clearing that up sooner..I have tons of respect for the GNXs ..more respect for them then I do camaros shhhh dont tell the f-body guys;)

Jorge, mustangs do move, just not the 96-98 mustangs, they had restrictive heads and intake. Most mustangs out there (street cars) are stick cars, but the drivers dont necessarily know how to drive them efficiently.

stroked347

A while back I heard that 94 was the worst year for the stang... I think it was the first year for the 4.6 modular motor, but I'm not sure... My buddy had a 94 auto GT and the best he ever got it to run was mid 14's (with a couple of little bolt ons)... He talked to a guy that worked at a mustang tuner company u may of heard of called Steeda, and the guy told him that the 94 was the slowest year for the mustangs period!!! Is there any truth behind this:confused: Thanks in advance:)

The 94-95's where the slowest 5.0's due to there weight. The 96-up are the ones with the 4.6. In 99, ford made revisions on cylinder heads and intake now making 260hp. A buddy of mine had a 95 with gears, no cats, and 1.7 rockers. His best was a 13.9. His car being a 5-speed. The ford automatic overdrive trans is a real power robber. You need at least a converter and shift kit. So to answer your question, the 96-98 where the slowest.

Thanks again stroked:cool: I told him that he should of got a 5spd car and that he should of got an older foxbody 5.0, but he always insisted that the auto could be quicker with some more tweaking (torque converter and shift kit like u mentioned)... Yeah, the new 4.6's are pretty damn quick considering Bob Cosby's 99 Cobra is running better than 11.90's from what I've heard and he only has bolt ons (no poweradders)... I still think the 5.0 is better due to the aftermarket it has and the fact that everybody and their grandmother knows how to make them fast and they seem to know the limits of the 5.0 motor cause they've been around for quite a while. I still like my little V6 though:D

Back