You can type here any text you want

2001 SS goes down.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

wiked87gn

Banned
On my way home caught a red light, i see in my rear view this 2001 SS camaro and he moves over to the right open lane next to me, he had exhaust and god knows what other mods done to his car, it was very loud he Revs a couple of times and i just sit there waiting for the light, my heart was thumping pretty good, cause i got a very good adversary next to my right but WTF, i think i can take him with 18psi ,alky and 18* timing chip i am thinking i can give him a good run, out of the corner of my eyes i see the light turn yellow ready to go green , I start to power brake and built about 6 pounds off boost the car just feels like it wants to push right through the intersection, light turns green and we are off, my BFG's are crying for mercy and finally they hook halfway through the intersection and i am gone, i mean GONNNNEEEEEEE, we were neck to neck through the intersection but after the tires hooked i left him in like he went in reverse, needless to say i think he got lost in the clowd of smoke from my tires, hehehe. God I love these cars.. maybe he needs to get some good tires before he runs anybody again. :) , at the next light he came up and just nodded,smiled and gave me the thumbs up.. nice car and nice guy.

NICE! I raced (sort of) a friend of mine over Thanksgiving, he has a 99 Camaro SS automatic with 13K miles. I tried to go from a standing start, but just put my rear tires up in smoke. He spun a little too, but jumped out to about a three car length lead before I got traction, he did not pull away from there up to about 60, but we shut them down. Next we went from a 30 mph punch. I still spun just a bit, but when I hooked up I jumped out to about a half car length lead and held it till about 70 mph, then he very slowly started to pull ahead, we shut them down around 100.

I feel I did pretty good considering the few mods I have and Goodyear Gatorback 225/60 street tires with 35 psi in them. I was showing 16 psi on my factory boost gauge in 3rd gear when he started to pull up on me.

I am certain that if I could hook up from a standing start I would pull a good distance ahead and with just a little more boost I could hold him offf in the 1/4 mile.;)

Next mods........boost gauge, DP, new injectors, probably valve springs, oh, and sticky tires:rolleyes:

Back