2004R installation - How to - "instructions for dummies" needed!

Redrum

Okay guys...... start with a lump of clay - me! I have NEVER installed a automatic tranny into anything. Here is what I have, a 600+ HP "502" in a 69 SS Chevelle. On Monday a really well built 2004R with a 9/11 convertor will be delivered to my shop and I suspect a real sharp tranny builder will be highly upset if I mess up this job! I do have a good floor jack and a tranny plate for it so lifting and angle adjustment should be fairly easy.

So, if possible, start at the point where I open the tranny shipping crate and end with how to hook the TV cable to a "Demon 850 Carb".

This tranny is designed to have a manual switch for the lockup and I have a B & M Pro Stick shifer. I shouldn't need any help with the shifter installation as it cam with very good instructions. :cool:

I have searched this site for what I need and it seems there is no past record.

Now gang, I know a bunch of you know how to do this! This is the best tranny site I have found on the web and that is why I am here asking. I will put all of what I learn into a nice Word doucument for future use here and on the "Chevelle Tech" web site. There is very little difference between putting this tranny behind a monster GM V-8 and a monster GM turbo V-6 so start typing. :)

I will put all of the instructions into a word document when I am finished for future reference on this and the Chevelle site so your time won't be wasted if you help!

If no one writes I guess it's off to the Library.......... :cool:

Yes Bruce I know and I do appreciate all your help here and on the Chevelle Tech site! I was hoping not to have to "bug" you with every detail. Tranny and converter are scheduled to be deliviered tomorrow. I test fit the motor and headers Saturday and all is well on fit so far. I have taken the headers off and will get them ceramic coated locally so I hope to be ready to bolt the tranny in next weekend.