2004r question

Pace 1989

Wondering if anyone has ever used Monster Transmission. Good, bad? What I am really looking for is something like their conversion package. I am switching from a car with a th350, and want to use a 2004r. Anybody know of a better place? Thanks for the help.

Ken

A couple people have asked about this here in the past. Not to long ago actually.:) I do not think the results have been to positive.
Is this for a turbo TA?

I may know someone that could help you out of your trans issue!:wink:
I have a couple here now.Let me know if I can help you.

Thanks, Brian

Wondering if anyone has ever used Monster Transmission. Good, bad? What I am really looking for is something like their conversion package. I am switching from a car with a th350, and want to use a 2004r. Anybody know of a better place? Thanks for the help.

Ken

Ken,
My advice on this to you is; Do it right the first time, or you will wish you had!
These transmissions are not known (in general terms) for extreme duty, unless they are build correctly!

Buy one form a vendor of this board and you will be glad you did.
Brian makes a GREAT transmisson. I got one in my car, no issues.
Lots of positive feedback on his transmissions as well.

2004r

Trust me I know about the 2004r not being reliable.
I had an 89 tta that was a 12 sec car, I went thru 4 transmissions before I got rid of it. I used vendors that were recommended on this board, and no trans lasted over 1yr. That's why I wanted to know someone who can build one.
This is for a 69 Firebird, the 2004r has a pontiac bolt pattern and is almost the same length as the th350 I'm replacing.

Ken