2005 GS Nationals

rgs455

Anyone going? If so, where are you staying? Stayed at the Baymont Inn last year and had a good time!

Told my wife I was going. Probably only for a day though. Which day would be best? Don't really need to see eliminations, just the greatest amount of fast cars.

I plan on going but still not sure which days. Hopefully by the time comes I will have meet all of you in the St Louis area.
Jeff

My friend and I are leaving early Friday and leaving after the finals on Saturday. Usually, there's car show on Friday and a bunch of racing throughout the day and night. Good cruise nights, too, with some street racing (is that illegal?). Finals are on Saturday. Last year, we went down on Thursday and there was a lot of good racing.

If you haven't gone, you won't be disappointed. Since it's the 25th anniversary, there will be a bunch of people and cars so rooms are going quickly. We'll probably stay at the Baymont Inn again.

I'm gonna try to go, they have a swap meet at all? Pappa needs some new fuel injectors! :D

Just printed the registration form to order tickets. I'm most likely leaving Thursday after work and meeting a buddy from Springfield in Edwardsville. He's a mustang guy who has drug me all over the country to see Shelby meets. Now it's my turn.

I was trying to decide on a hotel. If the Baymont is in a good spot that sounds good enough to me. It's always a crap shoot if you've never been to an event. You can ask the hotel desk but half the time they don't know their way around their own town.

Is there a meeting on Feb 6, It's Super Bowl Sun. If there is I'd like to find out the best way to B.G. or maybe a Caravan

any idea on the hows and wheres of doing a camp ground? I don't get out camping anywhere near enough, I can do this on the cheap that way too. If you guys pass through carbondale or near it, I may hook up with you somewhere along the line and caravan up =)

The dragstrip that holds the event is a huge complex with a amusement park, go carts, waterpark rides and a BIG campground. Stay at the Campground at Beech Bend and you will be right on top of all the action. They have both electricity and tent sites if I remember right. It is a must event for any BUICK fan! My wife and I started going in 1983 and did not miss one for almost ten years. We go every other year or so now. One of these days I may run into you in Carbondale. I will be getting my Buicks back out in late March!.

Next Gateway meeting isn't until the first Sunday in March. This will be the 25th anniversary of the GSCA so there will be plenty of people, racers, and vendors. There is a nice camp ground right next to the track. We're staying at the Baymont again this year; not too far from the track and in the midst of the street action.

Just made my reservations at the Baymont for Thurs. and Friday Night. I havn't been this pumped about an event since I went to Super Chevy in Indy with my Dad when I was 10.

Hey guys,

What's the dates that the GS nationals are going on? I'm trying to plan on going, but need to take off school. I went for one day last year and it kicked ass. If your looking to get parts and what not, I hear the first couple days is the best.

thanks
dan

So what should I expect to see? I would imagina a lot of black cars. Will there be vendors selling things? At discounted rates? Swap meet? Food? Tour of the Corvette museum or plant? What times are people at the show?

You'll see lots and lots of drag racing. Not just TR's, but a lot of GS cars, Hybrids, and even a few supercharged 3.8's. As long as they're buick powered they can race. There are tons of stands where vendors and parts collectors sell parts and memorabilia. People selling cars and show cars sitting at for you to take a look at. You can go take a tour of the corvette museum on your own, but I don't think they have anything set up for that. It's a good time, I only went one day last year and I still had a blast. I hear the first day or two are the prime times to go. There's lots too see.

-dan

Here's a link to the GSCA site and the schedule of events:

www.gsnationals.com/gs_nationals_schedule.htm

All the big name vendors will be there (many sponsors of this site) plus individuals trying to unload parts. There will be a lot of turbo cars but you can bet there will be some awesome V8 guys too (Greg Gessler, Rick Martinez, Jim Rodgers to name a few). From mild to wild to concourse restorations, there will be cars for everyone to enjoy and wish they had!

Friday Night Rumor GS Nationals 2005

Word has it that there might be top 20 fastest Turbo Buicks racing Friday night. 1 chance, 1 Pass, all or nothing....

When there isn't racing -- stop by the pits and walk around or better yet reserve a golf cart, you will be GLAD...

Test -n- Tune / Gambler Drag Racing: Tues - Thursday
Car Show: Friday
Racing Finals: Saturday

Thursday night in 2004: Buick Social
Seminars in the evening: ???
Bowling Green is very easy to get around, just follow the black cars or old school V-8's to the track and various events. There is something to do all the time. Just ask! Otherwise, go mingle and have fun....

Super Fast Drag Race matches celebrating 25 years, more information coming....

Sponsors and people participation will make this event even better than prior years. I look forward to this year especially!

Be sure to check out www.GSnationals.com
New Video added on the home page between V6 Turbo & Blown V-8.... low 8's for both cars!

NOTE: SCHEDULE FOR GS NATIONALS UPDATED IN MARCH,
GMHTP features GS Nationals 2004 coverage in April 2005, maybe... waiting to hear....

later
Brett Wallace
see ya Bowling Green 2005 cruising around in a 87 Grand National with Wisconsin License Plates "XSTASY"