2007 GNX - Fact of fiction?

buickturboman

A friend emailed me this from Fantasy car web site. Her just got himself a 2004 BMW M3 and now is into great cars. What took him so damn long is my question. I had to do a search on their site for this article. Check out the pic.

http://www.fantasycars.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000939 :cool:

General Information
Price: $38,500
Miles Per Gallon: 17/25 mpg
Curb Weight: 3698 lbs
Layout: Front-Engine/AWD
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual
Engine
Type: DOHC V6
Displacement: 3600 cc
Horsepower: 450 bhp @ 5200 rpm
Torque: 465 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm
Redline: 6500 rpm
Performance
0-60 mph: 4.2 sec
0-100 mph: 10.2 sec
Quarter Mile: 12.8 sec @ 112.5 mph
Skidpad: .96g
Top Speed: 179 mph
Braking, 60-0 mph: 115 ft
Slalom Speed: 66.4 mph
buick -
gnx. No other name in automotive history says "80's Supercar" like those three letters. Now the legend is back.
buicks 2007 gnx is a modern-day incarnation of classic street performance. When you turn the key and hear the throaty dual exhausts announcing the Twin Turbo 3.6L V-6, you'll know you have your hands full. Compared to its '80s namesake, the new gnx sports a suspension that is tighter, an engine that's more powerful and a manual transmission that now boasts two additional gears. The car will hit 60 mph (97 km/h) in about four-and-a-half seconds, and run the quarter mile in under 13 seconds. There's nothing like it in its class.
Total performance
The completely new gnx isn't just about horsepower, of course. Its unique personality includes impressive cornering abilities, a smooth ride and surprising comfort. But the heart of the gnx is indeed a truly awesome Twin Turbo and Intercooled 3.6l V-6 engine, also known as the base powerplant for the buick Velite Concept. The gnx produces an estimated 450 horsepower and with 465 lb.-ft. of torque, it has no problem leaving a stop with purpose.
Eighteen-inch alloy wheels and performance tires are matched to a fully independent, performance-tuned suspension featuring direct-acting stabilizing bars and power rack-and-pinion steering. Traction control and a limited slip differentials also come standard. And, today's gnx revs through six forward speeds with the close-ratio manual transmission, or you can choose a six-speed Hydra-Matic. Both come with a 3.46:1 final drive ratio.
Performance-oriented interior
The gnx is, first and foremost, a driver's car. Every detail, from the satin-finish steering wheel to the race-inspired metallic pedals, gives the driver a sense of performance from the moment the car is entered. The standard feature list starts off with leather 2+2 bucket seats, in black -color-coordinated with the vehicle's exterior color. The high-tech seats provide lateral support, wrapping around the driver and front passenger and complementing the great handling characteristics of the chassis. Also standard is a six-disc CD-changer with premium 10-speaker sound system, cruise control, a multi-function driver information center, keyless entry system and a host of other features to enhance the driving experience.

Attachments

• 2007 GNX.JPG
    2007 GNX.JPG
    29.2 KB · Views: 588
about this car

might not be a fake i seen it in a mag. and it very well could become a factory car instead of a concept

YES!!! Well, NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I am going to college for Mechanical Engineering and one of my career goals was to "bring back" the GNX. Oh well, I will have to make plans to do "something else"!!! :wink:

Funny thing though, my wife will be graduating from nursing school this June, and she asked what car could she by me so that we could keep to pass on to our kids when our time has expired. Guess what I will tell her now......

My friend emailed me that same pic and story on the 2007 GNX sometimes last year so I went online to try and get more info on it. I came across the original online forum where this story started about a 1 1/2 years ago. It turns out the whole thing was a fake. This guy said he just took the new GTO and put it into his photoshop program and went to work on it. He does this with several other GM cars as well. He then went on to say in the forum how he just came up with some #'s and figures he thought would sound good and make people think it was for real.

Not only that, but the Regal is no longer made - so a Regal Grand National GNX isnt technically possible...

It is a pretty bad ass looking ride, not to mention to specs. Too bad Buick isn't creating one. Guess they can call it a GNX and not a Regal GNX and make it work. Since I just got a new truck last week and haven't even made my first payment, it is better that this is a fake since I can't afford higher payments and a trade on 2007 anyway.

I doubt it would hurt Buick one bit to tweek the GTO (or it's replacement which I've heard is supposed to be coming out in the next couple years) and release it as a GNX... hopefully with some sort of turbo'd V6.

Doesnt Caddy use a fairly decent V6 based on their Northstar V8? Maybe by the time the new GTO comes out the Caddy V6 will be "old" technology that could then be used in a Buick version of GTO (turbo'd of course).... All this is of course conjecture and wishful thinking.

And I just remembered that the Caddy V6 is in a fwd platform so maybe it wouldnt be as easy to bring that over to the rwd GTO platform..

Still I would love to see alot more performance come out of GM's various manufacturers. Not these wanna-be performance vehicles like the Silverado SS and Impala SS.

well, if they dont start making some big leaps there wont be any GTO or GNX when Pontiac and Buick eventually die. We've already lost Olds, who's next?

i think buick is long gone to the performance market. i guess they think the old fart market is where its at. im sure they'll be following olds right down the crapper......along with the rest of GM aparently. toyotas anyone?