You can type here any text you want

2008 M5

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

meanchicken

gallo vicioso
I tried...:biggrin:
His tail lights and dealer plates looked kinda cool.
:redface:

We raced our way onto a wide open toll road.
In spite of my slipping tranny, I actually didn't do that bad. After the light went green, he was about half a car up while we each rolled into it and I stuck with him pretty even until abut 80mph, but by the time we hit 100mph...he had opened his lead by about 2 lengths (most of that came while my tranny slipped on gear shifts) and it was obvious I wasn't going to catch him at the top while the gap continued to grow...so I gave up the fight.

I should be getting the new tranny installed in a couple weeks along with a nice new 3200 stall with lock-up.
Also installing an old school front mount intercooler that has been offered to me for a very nice price...

so once that's all in....I'm looking for a re-match!!!!:cool:

....and I'll start saving up for my down pipe and turbo upgrade...;)

You still running 17 psi or so??

Yup. Starts at 17 and drifts up to 18 the faster I go.

I'm reading the boost off a fitting tapped direct into the upper plenum for what it's worth.

The engine is a mild Czarnota special.... has a 208/208 cam and 8.5:1 compression.

So this was more of a killed, not kill, story.

Yup...
;-)
But I plan on making up for it after the trans swap and FMIC...and a couple more lbs of boost.:-)

For now...at about 17 lbs of boost...I know I'm somewhere between a CLS63 high 12 and a M5 mid 12.

Not bad...
;-)

Why so conservative on the boost if you're running alky?

Why so conservative on the boost if you're running alky?

The trans slippage has more to do with it than anything.
This tired ol' tranny has hard enough time with just 17 lbs. If I add more now, it'll just die sooner.

Once I have the new tranny in, I'll dial the boost up to 19- 20 and leave it there until I get my new larger turbo, downpipe ...and my wise old Turbo Buick mechanics blessing to add more.
;-)

I should be safely and reliably in the 11's at that point...and that's my goal.

Tim

What Turbo Are You Running?

Currently a stock turbo and stock down pipe.

Those will change to a TA61 and 3" RJC down pipe when I'm ready.:biggrin:

The front mount IC I'll finish installing this weekend is an older vintage form Eastern Performance.
Price was right....

The front mount IC I'll finish installing this weekend is an older vintage form Eastern Performance.
Price was right....

your going to need it if your going to run him again, they come with 500HP and 500FT. lbs of torque. forget about staying up with him in the long run, i had ours at 140mph and with more rpm's and another gear to go.:eek:

we don't have the maroone one anymore ( i like'd it better V-10, the new one is a V-8 but supercharged still the same 505hp.)

Attachments

• bmw-m5.JPG
    bmw-m5.JPG
    38.4 KB · Views: 415
  • bmw1.jpg
    bmw1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 421
  • bmw2.jpg
    bmw2.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 433
  • bmw3.jpg
    bmw3.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 409

Price was right....

I ran into one laste last year when I had my stock turbo, IC, ATR stock replacemetn DP, injectors and Propane injection back on the car running about 22 psi. He would pull me a little at the top of each of his gears.

I have the same setup now with the 83s and E-85 and he would have his hands full I'm sure of it but now I can't find him ..LOL :biggrin:

your going to need it if your going to run him again, they come with 500HP and 500FT. lbs of torque. forget about staying up with him in the long run, i had ours at 140mph and with more rpm's and another gear to go.:eek:

we don't have the maroone one anymore ( i like'd it better V-10, the new one is a V-8 but supercharged still the same 505hp.)

Nice!
I like the maroon one.

I hear you.
I think with the tranny fixed and the IC upgrade, I'd beat him in the 1/4 by a pinch, but you're right...there is no way I could match top ends with him in the GN and he'd come back around me sooner or later.
I'll go home and break out my big block, 5 speed Camaro for the top end race. It's beaten up 2 M5's and an M6 so far.

I know the V10's have 500+ HP but thought the TQ was in the 375 range. They weigh over 4000 lbs too.

I ran into one laste last year when I had my stock turbo, IC, ATR stock replacemetn DP, injectors and Propane injection back on the car running about 22 psi. He would pull me a little at the top of each of his gears.

I have the same setup now with the 83s and E-85 and he would have his hands full I'm sure of it but now I can't find him ..LOL :biggrin:

Happy hunting!
You'll probably find him...while you're driving the minivan!
;-)
Doh!!!

you'll take him with a 61 turbo, and not by a pinch, by a car or 2

your going to need it if your going to run him again, they come with 500HP and 500FT. lbs of torque. forget about staying up with him in the long run, i had ours at 140mph and with more rpm's and another gear to go.)

There's always going to be someone faster. I had had my vette at 195 mph and with more rpm's and another gear to go - 800 hp & 800 ft lbs.:biggrin:

There's always going to be someone faster. I had had my vette at 195 mph and with more rpm's and another gear to go - 800 hp & 800 ft lbs.:biggrin:

Man that things gotta be an animal!:biggrin:
My Camaro is a complete handfull at 550HP and 575TQ.

800HP on a twin turbo vette...are you running pretty conservative on the tune?

Buddy of mine is putting a twin turbo stroker small block for his 69 Camaro. The engine was already in another twin turbo car and made 1500HP. The guy changed direction on the car, so after only a few drives, he pulled the motor and sold it to my buddy at about half what he had into it. My buddy also scored a brand spanking new in the box Banks twin turbo kit off E-bay for about half price.
...now he's prepping the car for the install and figures he'll tune it to about 1000HP for starters.

I agree with you tho' a
Always someone faster....

Man that things gotta be an animal!:biggrin:
My Camaro is a complete handfull at 550HP and 575TQ.

800HP on a twin turbo vette...are you running pretty conservative on the tune?

It a Lingenfelter package, they tune conservative for reliability - sort of.

Any more power would be pretty much a waste. I have trouble hooking until 120-130 mph.

DAM!!!! 195MPH!! ...............:eek: The last time i was in something that fast it had 2 jet engines attached to the wings :biggrin: it must be nice.

Back