200r4 w/ PTS 9/11 Trans and converter questions

Bodhi

I purchased a built 200r4 from Brian Hofer back in 2006. It was his Low 10 second build (stage 2 if I remember correctly). At the same time I purchase the PTS 9/11 converter. The transmission has a stage right trans brake. After I purchase these parts (along with a long list of others), I had other plans come up and the Buick got put on the back burner. So the trans and converter are new and sitting on my self waiting to be installed.

Here's my question, I've decided to build the Buick into a full out pro-touring car. I'm not sure if this trans/converter combo will be the right fit for the new set up. I plan to do a lot of road race, and auto cross. I know that with the stage right brake, I no longer have first gear, and I think that will be a problem. Any Ideas of what I should do?

Thanks,
Scott

I purchased a built 200r4 from Brian Hofer back in 2006. It was his Low 10 second build (stage 2 if I remember correctly). At the same time I purchase the PTS 9/11 converter. The transmission has a stage right trans brake. After I purchase these parts (along with a long list of others), I had other plans come up and the Buick got put on the back burner. So the trans and converter are new and sitting on my self waiting to be installed.

Here's my question, I've decided to build the Buick into a full out pro-touring car. I'm not sure if this trans/converter combo will be the right fit for the new set up. I plan to do a lot of road race, and auto cross. I know that with the stage right brake, I no longer have first gear, and I think that will be a problem. Any Ideas of what I should do?

Thanks,
Scott
Back out the transbrake and use it. No reason it wont work.

Not that hard, send me a pm with an email and I can send you instructions on how to install that t-brake, for basic uninstall just reverse the steps, you may need to purchase a valve though.

Not that hard, send me a pm with an email and I can send you instructions on how to install that t-brake, for basic uninstall just reverse the steps, you may need to purchase a valve though.

PM sent, thanks again

Thanks,
Scott

Remove the manual t brake valve and replace with a stock one. I make a replacement oversize manual valve to go back to stock and get rid of the extra play in worn valve bodies. I also have many stock manual valves lying around if cant find one, let me know. I would as mentioned above reverse engineer the installation to remove it completely. You may need some other parts depending on transbrake installation. I should have everything you need. Contact me for more information.

So it looks like I just have to change a valve, and remove a check ball. That shouldn't be a problem.

Remove the manual t brake valve and replace with a stock one. I make a replacement oversize manual valve to go back to stock and get rid of the extra play in worn valve bodies. I also have many stock manual valves lying around if cant find one, let me know. I would as mentioned above reverse engineer the installation to remove it completely. You may need some other parts depending on transbrake installation. I should have everything you need. Contact me for more information.

David, it looks like I will need a new valve (as I purchased the transmission and don't have a spare one for parts). Im not sure if I will need a stock one or oversize. I'll get the tb vavle out and mesure it and I'll be in touch.

Thanks everyone for your help

Scott