You can type here any text you want

2010 Z06 "almost" fell victim

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

87WE4BOOSTED

I NEED MORE BOOST!!
After leaving the dyno shop today a Z06 wanted to play from a 30mph roll. I had two people in the car so I thought it was going to be tuff. He got the hit but I reeled him in but could not make the pass due to us having to get off. If we could've stayed in it I would have inched passed. I will not claim it as a "KILL" but I'm not claming a loss either.:)

What's funny is I just made a 501 HP 511 TQ pull on the dyno and I knew he was at least 500 as well. I knew it would be close. This was 19psi 93/Alky. He doesn't know I have more in reserve!:D

The Z06 stock is 505bhp and probably one pushing 415-420 to the wheels...Even with the weight difference he probably had a few mods under the hood...Im sure he'll think twice before messing with a TB again;)

Stock Z06 at sea level is 450-460whp.

Aaah but....once they hit 3rd gear...you better be a whole lot faster than him and way ahead cuz that's when they start to charge....and then end it before it turns into a top end race.;)

Thanks Guys! Hey Chicken, he told me he was in third. I just ordered some street ET's cause when boost hits, the car is all over the place making me have to pedal the car then play catch up. With a street ET and leaving with a little boost I think I can get him from the dig on this tune. :rolleyes:

I have 3 other confirmed kills against 425+HP Camaros & Mustangs but not worth telling because of how bad I did them. Two from a roll and one from a dig. All three were won by car lengths. This Vette almost made me go home and throw more boost at it. It defiantly made me purchase a street ET.:)

It feels good to be driving around a 500HP true street car with power in reserve!

Yup with your build, you have a Z06 more than covered...
You're a tune and a good launch and 60' away from some solid 10's....:D

highboostgn said:
well that makes for an even more impressive "almost kill"

A 450whp TR will run right with it even though it's heavy and a brick because it will have peak hp at a lower rpm.

87WE4BOOSTED said:
Thanks Guys! Hey Chicken, he told me he was in third. I just ordered some street ET's cause when boost hits, the car is all over the place making me have to pedal the car then play catch up. With a street ET and leaving with a little boost I think I can get him from the dig on this tune. :rolleyes:

I have 3 other confirmed kills against 425+HP Camaros & Mustangs but not worth telling because of how bad I did them. Two from a roll and one from a dig. All three were won by car lengths. This Vette almost made me go home and throw more boost at it. It defiantly made me purchase a street ET.:)

It feels good to be driving around a 500HP true street car with power in reserve!

Get the races while you can! They won't even play with me anymore.

Get the races while you can! They won't even play with me anymore.
You are so right about that. We have a group called Strictly Muscle on FB and the word got around fast what kinda power I was making on a soft tune. We have a track meet on July 7 and I wanted to get a race and can/t.:(

Back