2011 buick regal turbo

87GNattyKid

I saw a commercial for the all new 2011 buick regal turbo the other day and it got me excited.

So what do you guys think, will the Grand National return?

yea but dont be i went to test drive one about 2 weeks ago. and was not impressed. 200 hp. 5 speed and a sedan. get real. but the funny part is the sales man at buick wanted to buy my grand national when i showed up for it. lol.. now that show the new has nothing on the old...as far as the gn making its return more likely no. do to gm wouldn't want a car like buick to loose sales. buick is more of the poor mans caddy. i know im in the car business. i mean there's talk of a limited addition trans am due out i read under the Pontiac limited that will run out of chevy dealers some time in the future. as far as the gn returning remember the reason for its death in the 1st place. gm baby the corvette was losing to a buick. with the corvette at its height as a top notch sport car you really think gm wants its baby to take a back seat to a buick once more. probably not. now it would be nice but i rather say my car is worth more and still hold the title as the last REAL AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR ever built.

yea but dont be i went to test drive one about 2 weeks ago. and was not impressed. 200 hp. 5 speed and a sedan. get real. but the funny part is the sales man at buick wanted to buy my grand national when i showed up for it. lol.. now that show the new has nothing on the old...as far as the gn making its return more likely no. do to gm wouldn't want a car like buick to loose sales. buick is more of the poor mans caddy. i know im in the car business. i mean there's talk of a limited addition trans am due out i read under the Pontiac limited that will run out of chevy dealers some time in the future. as far as the gn returning remember the reason for its death in the 1st place. gm baby the corvette was losing to a buick. with the corvette at its height as a top notch sport car you really think gm wants its baby to take a back seat to a buick once more. probably not. now it would be nice but i rather say my car is worth more and still hold the title as the last REAL AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR ever built.
The TR died because gm switched platforms. Not because the vette was slower in a straight line than a TR. Another thing is that a TR is still a mundane g body chassis. It was very aged and behind its time ergonomically speaking. GM only has the z06 and zr1 that are or would be enthusiast cars. Everything else they sell is a bunch of boring crap. They continue to give up matketshare to the Japanese with their lackluster and boring models. The excitement is not there imo. till they get rid of the UAW they will continue to cut corners trying to save $ where younger car manufacturers are throwing $ into developing desirable cars that are hitting all age groups. Unfortunately the UAW isn't going anywhere.

Take my opinion as one of the more informed. Why? I have been leasing one since Dec 2010. Attempting to compare to the GN vs New Regal isn't to bright
Its not a muscle car; its a sport sedan.
It's a rebadged Opel Insignia, which has a AWD 325hp v6 Turbo version in Europe called the Opel Insignia OPC. Buick is trying to get that here but the Green forces in GM are resisting that.
the I4 direct INJ VVT engine has 220 hp w/ 258 Ft LB torque; but people have complained it only does a 16 sec quarter mile. But did they know the car weighs 5250 lbs?
Part of that is because the long list of standard features. Features that post as optional on a lot of its competitors lists.
And the other reason is because is it's made to be a very safe car, (the side impact airbags coming as standard equipment).
I get 23 MPG city, (and I'm a "spirited" driver).
And it handles very well, an 80''s G body could only dream it could handle curves and turns like the 2011 TR.
So it may not be the muscle car of the 2000's and it wasn't meant to be ; but it might be a glimmer of light in Buick's future like the 82 carbed Turbo Regals were in the early 80's.

I sat in a Majestic Blue/Cashmere (Package 7) car just the other day while waiting for a service visit. What a sweet car. You can feel the quality when you first open the door and slam it closed. This was the last of the Russelsheim cars and the Oshawa cars are on their way.

If I was in the market for a new Buick this would be the car. The color combo was stunning!

Steve, enjoy driving your Regal because there are a few of us that still like a car that gets down the road smartly and gets decent performance with fuel economy to boot!

Oh, BTW check your car's weight again....it's not that heavy.
2011 Regal | Luxury Sedan Specs and Features | Buick