You can type here any text you want

2016 Challenger Scatpack

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

strungout6

So, while I was at the local Chrysler dealer picking up a Jeep compass for my better half I stumbled across this Challenger. I have always wanted a 70's Cuda and have thought Dodge did a good job with the new Challenger but not enough to go buy one. Untill this past weekend.
20170131_073410.jpg
20170131_092718.jpg

The previous owner lowered it, did the chin spoiler, blacked out/removed a bunch of emblems, did exhaust and a cold air intake. It had 6k miles on it 2016. Its not Fast by my GN's standards but its a ball to drive. All the features and amenities are awesome. If you ever get a chance to drive one (mines an 8 speed auto) do it.

So you bought it? It looks good. I like the Challenger over the Chebbie or Ferd. I've driven the 5.7 HEMI version pretty cool.

The stance is what hooked me. This damn thing has a launch control, you adjust the rpm from 1000-3500, activate it, hold the brake in drive, floor the gas, it maintains the set rpm and when you release the brake BAM. If the traction control is off its a tire frying good time. With some sticky tires I bet this thing leaves hard for a 4k lb car. Basically a built in two step. Not to mention it has adjustable shift light for all 8 gears. I know MOPAR is a word that is used too often now a days but in this case I think it fits. Dodge isnt F-ing around.

A friend of mine has a SRT 392 bone stock not even a K&N and runs 8.30's in the 1/8 all day. That should be a high 12 in the 1/4. Impressive for car over 4K lbs.

I like it. The Challenger & Mustang are way better looking cars than the Camaro.

Congrats! (y)

My buddy owns an A8 Scatpack and it's a really fun car. Getting to drive in it is one of the things that pushed me toward owning a Dodge. One thing I'd tell you is to be very careful of that chin spoiler. I know the one on my Hellcat is easy to drag coming out of a steep driveway and it's not lowered.

Neal

Back