212/212 cam, alum. heads, no egr, 65's, will it pass?!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I have to get my car tested in the next few weeks and just throwing out some thoughts. Granted Indiana is not strict on emissions but they are strict enough. I don't think my car is gonna pass worth a lick but I could be wrong. I have no egr system at all anymore thanks to a ported intake and aluminum heads. I have a comp 212/212 cam, PT61 turbo, 65 lb injectors (high z mototrons), I have a hi-flow Cat that I will be running and I'm probably gonna have to put something in the tank to help me cheat. Any other tips? Fresh oil and good plugs are a must I know, but what little cheater secrets are there? I know to run the car hot as well...what's the best stuff to put in the tank to help me pass? lol :D

Flash a couple benjamins before your test and you should pass with flying colors :D But, seriously, if you fail find a garage that would be willing to give you an inspection sticker for a little extra cost. ;)

I run the same cam with 72's, ported heads and a PT-70 and my car passes our Smog Poleizi chassis dyno test just fine. However, I do have a functioning EGR, which is purely intentional.

Hey, I have almost the same combo minus the injectors. I was a little worried about the EGR block off with the GN1's but almost zeroed emissions. The only thing I was running was Eric's (TT) emissions chip and some Chevron 94 gas. I don't know if the E-chip was burned using the EGR but it still worked on my new combo with the EGR delete.

well you guys give me some hope...thanks...I think I will pass, I just have to make everything perfect...if anyone else has any suggestions let me know...thanks guys!

You could call Joe at Lubrant Performance, he burnt me a smog chip for the 65lbs injectors. ;)