You can type here any text you want

218/218 cam?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SIXBANGR

mean old man
what valve spring pressure are people with this cam using.? I know what comp. cams say's, but I want to know what you are using. It is a flat tappet. thanks

I used 120#ers on my old setup when I ran Comps 218/218 flat tappet cam. Some say that's crazy, but they worked great. Break in on softer springs is critical tho before slapping the heavier springs on. 110-120 should be ok tho. This is kind of a touchy subject with some people.

I have that cam and love it. I just used whatever came with it and no problems here 6000 miles later!

I installed this cam too. For now im running the stock rockers and the springs that knperforme put on my heads are the 981's i think. What are you guys shifting your car at w/ this cam. Im going to about 6100.

I talked to RJC at bowling green about this cam and jason said it loves 6200 w/ roller rockers at (i think) .015 preload. I would verify w/ jason before setting preload on any roller rockers though.

Back