You can type here any text you want

231 - 252 head info

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BiGBoY

231 - 252 heah info

Hi, I want to have info and facts about the 231 head (taller design and older too) like what is the combustion chamber in cc, how they flow (CFM). I know the 231 have 1.71in & 1.50ex valve but I want to know more for blueprinting my project with desktop dyno 2000. Give me infor on the 252 heads if there is difference.

I have a Century 2dr Coupe 78 and I plan to put a 79-80 Turbo Coupe Hood and spoiler and upgrade my motor starting by the heads, intake, carb, headers and cam also. I want a normaly aspirated motor for now.... I say for now! lol So talk about the heads and I'll be there too listen, thanks !

The "free-flowing" taller port heads came out in '79. After that, there were only minor casting updates.

77/78 heads use 1.63in and 1.42ex valves.

4.1 engines use the same heads as 3.8's.

I don't know the answers to the cc and CFM, but if you use the search feature and search the General Tech forum, you'll find answers and a lot of information about ported stock iron heads and aftermarket aluminums.

HTH

Back