You can type here any text you want

235 DR's *VS* 275 DR's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

UnderdogGN

ok i did a search and i have narrowed my choices down to the BFG 235/60/15 or the BFG 275/50/15 on stock 85 GN wheels. What are the pro's and con's of each? I know the 275's hook well but how about the 235's?
any input is appreciated

i need some input about the 235/60/15 BFG drag radials guys.
pics would be nice too.....
thanks

I'll guess that I am the only one with 235's on my car so I'll chime in. They do not rub at all and they hook just fine my 60's usually are in the 1.8 range but my converter is what's holding me back. Main reason I purchased the 235's is that they use all 7 inches of the stock rim efficiently and they do not rub. 275's sound good but maybe (in my opinion) they need a large 8/8.5 inch rim to lay down properly.

Yes, that was my experience too. The 275/50s bulged out and rubbed on the frame with the 7" rims. I think MT is making the new DRs in 235. I have BFGs and got a few 1.7s and 8s with them. I would like to go to a wider rim and bigger tires but I haven't found a set of rims that I really like.

I have the Mickey 235/60 on my stock limited wheels replacing 275/60 BFG. I think for street use the Mickey T's are great and will hook if needed. They also look better IMO.

thanks, i think ill go with the 235 drag radials. I wish someone made a DR between the 235 and 275, maybe like a 255.

I agree. that would be ideal..

UnderdogGN said:
thanks, i think ill go with the 235 drag radials. I wish someone made a DR between the 235 and 275, maybe like a 255.

I wish someone made a DR between the 235 and 275, maybe like a 255.
When BFG first came out with DRs they had all the sizes. They wittled it down to just few now, most for me are too wide or too tall.

Back