You can type here any text you want

24x12x4 intercooler

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Louster38

I want to get some opinions of this intercooler, and also get some posts of comparison specs of other major buick coolers. anyone know the dimensions and CFM of the cottons, precision, V1, RJC, or any others? Lets get them posted here for a comparison

POLISHED Finish Aluminum
All TIG Welded 6061 Aluminum
100% Brazed Core (No Epoxy)
High Efficiency Bar & Plate Construction
Overall Size: 31" x 12" x 4" (Tank to Tank)
Core Size: 24" x 12" x 4"
Inlet/Outlet: 3"
Max Recommended PSI: 30psi
Tested CFM: 1200 CFM
Fin Pitch: 15 Fins/Inch

Attachments

• 24x12x4.jpg
    24x12x4.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 181
Here is a thread on this intercooler http://www.gnttype.org/forums/showthread.php?t=1617&page=3 . I have the 4" thick core on my car (kingoffools on that board), and I love it. You have to have some fabrication skills if you want to make the pipes yourself, but its possible. As far as testing goes, I don't have much for you. I made the mistake of changing a bunch of parts at the same time... But it works well with the ta49 and rjc boost controller with stock heads, cam ect. The other thing I like about it is the fact that the tanks don't cover up much, if any of the radiator core, so cooling doesn't become an issue. I wish I had something other than the stocker to compare it to for you, but I say go for it!

I also have that same intercooler. But I have yet to fire the car up. I should have it started by this weekend. I have TE-45a with 72's and was wanting some feed back on this intercooler. But if your still in the market for an intercooler, I should have some results for you in a week or 2.
Carlos

If it doesn't cover any of the radiator core, that means it won't get any of the air flow pulled through the radiator by the fans. That means it won't cool well until the car is going pretty fast, to get air flow. So, it should have less effect on the cooling of the engine, and also be less effective in cooling the air going to the engine,which means less power. Less power means cooler engine, too, so this IC should be very good at keeping the engine cool. Sort of like a stock location IC? :confused:

Ormand said:
If it doesn't cover any of the radiator core, that means it won't get any of the air flow pulled through the radiator by the fans. That means it won't cool well until the car is going pretty fast, to get air flow. So, it should have less effect on the cooling of the engine, and also be less effective in cooling the air going to the engine,which means less power. Less power means cooler engine, too, so this IC should be very good at keeping the engine cool. Sort of like a stock location IC? :confused:
I meant that the end tanks on the intercooler don't cover much of the radiator core, so there isn't a huge aluminum tank blocking airflow to the radiator. The intercooler core itself covers the radiator and condenser completely, but mainly with the core, so air can still pass through it to the radiator ect. There are several pics on the link above, it may be easier to understand than my explanation. :smile:

Back