You can type here any text you want

25500016 stage 4.1 Block ???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Black Car

It was a virgin block when I purchased it and I thought that only stage 2 have 14 head bolts with the 2 center mains having 4 bolts. Of course it has the power 6 logo on it.

The GN/T-Type shows this casting number as a Stage I off center block.
I thought that S1 only had 8 head bolts and 2 bolt mains.

Is this a stage 2 or 1 block ??

Gary
:confused:

Stage II's share a common casting # with the stage I blocks.

You need to verify if it's stage I or II by the machine work done.

Gary,

Ted is correct. Both the Stage I and ealy Stage II blocks come from the same casting. If you're saying that the block you have has 4 bolt caps at the #2 & 3 locations and 14 head bolt holes then it's a Stage II block.

There is always a remote chance someone has gone to the trouble to convert a Stage I block. I have seen it done before. If that was the case then the only difference would be the oiling system.

Neal

Thanks Ted & Neal.
I was told that this was a stage 2 by the machinist /engine builder Julian Frasser who use to work for Ruggles in the old days.
It still had the wet sump provision and required the final machining of the cylinders & so forth. I have been referring to it as a stage 2 but someone else asked me about the casting number being showned as stage 1.

Thanks again,
Gary :D

I am having the same problem. I have found a guy which he thinks is a stage 2 block off center, however when i run the casting number it ends in 16 which according to the GM data base at our dealership tells me this is a stage 1 block off/center. If it is a stage 1 block is it the golden goose like the stage 2? He is looking for about 4500.00 has new steel crank, rods, pistons, bearings, stage 2 heads, oil pan and oiling system. All related parts are new but the block needs to be hones. The machine work is done on block, but it has been sitting in a warehouse for a while?:confused:

Back