You can type here any text you want

275/60/15 MT Drags on 87 GN rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BOP4ever

Will 275/60/15's fit and not rub on my 87 Gn with factory wheels ?
If not what rims and back space would I need ?

Or would a smaller tire work as well ? I have a set of the 275/60's so Id like to use them.

Thanks

I Had Them On Mine , Didnt Need A Spacer Either , Work Just Fine And I Didnt Roll My Quarter Panel Lips , Dont Want To Do That To My Gn . When I Went With The Hoosier Drag Radials I Needed A Spacer For Them , With No Problems . Hope That Helps Ya

Some cars those will rub. Mine rubbed slightly and I put a 1/4" spacer behind them and no probs.

They will fit, but they may rub just slightly on the frame. On mine, I have enough clearance on the driver's side, but the passenger side rubbed just enough to shine the frame up.

It's common knowledge that the rear ends on our cars were not always centered even as they left the assembly line.

If going this route, it would be a good idea to have your other rear suspension components in good working order (i.e.-new springs, good control arms, etc) to keep things nice and tight.

For that tire size, the ideal rim size is 15'' x 8'' with a rear spacing of 3.5'', or 15'' x 10'' with a rear spacing of 4.25''.

Claude. :smile:

Hey everyone, whats the final verdict here?

One post says 275/60's will fit, but Claude very specifically says its best to go with 15x8 with bs of 3.5".

Yesterday my Nitto 275/50 blew a sidewalls out on the highway. This was the last season for that tire anyway, but it seems like age/rot was the culprit.

I'm considering 275/50 BFG Drag Radials, or an upsize to 275/60. 86 GN, stock rims.

Hey everyone, whats the final verdict here?

One post says 275/60's will fit, but Claude very specifically says its best to go with 15x8 with bs of 3.5".

I was only speaking from my own experience as this is a combo I KNOW will work, having used it for several years on my own GN, but in no way I meant that other wheel and rear spacing combo won't work...Just wanted to clarify this...:wink:

Claude :D

P.S: I'll be using the same tires but mounted on 15''x10'' wheels this year...:eek:

I have 275/60's that I just pt on today and it rubbed everytime I hit a bump.. I was going to roll the fenders cause of this but I figured to hit you guys up for information.... I think I need new Shocks. I want something that is going to transfer weight good but I dont want it to rub the tires... Do I need to get bags for my springs? my first plan for my car was to get some trick springs and bags and drag shocks for the back... Will it still rub if I do this????? What solutions do you have for me I want my **** to HOOK up but not rub.

I have 275/60's that I just pt on today and it rubbed everytime I hit a bump.. I was going to roll the fenders cause of this but I figured to hit you guys up for information.... I think I need new Shocks. I want something that is going to transfer weight good but I dont want it to rub the tires... Do I need to get bags for my springs? my first plan for my car was to get some trick springs and bags and drag shocks for the back... Will it still rub if I do this????? What solutions do you have for me I want my **** to HOOK up but not rub.

Go ahead and roll the fender lips. Also, how much rear spacing do your wheels have? I know that with that particular tire size (which are tall and do not leave much room on either side), you'll have some frame rubbing issues with a rear spacing of more than 3.5''. I still have the original coil springs used in conjunction with some adjustable shocks. As for air bags, they're ''old school''...:rolleyes:...I had some for a long time but removed them as I was never using them anyway.

Claude :)

Cool I roll them this weekend or go somewhere and have it done. What should I do about wanting to launch the caron those tires?

Back