You can type here any text you want

275 tires in front & back or just in back???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CombatComProg

Is there any benefit to having 275's in the front as well as the back on stock rims? Typically I see wider tires in the rear and narower tires in front -any reason for this? How will wider tires in the fron affect driving? Thanks!

Are you taling about 275/60's or 275/50's? In either case, that tire is too wide to mount on the front. The 275/60 is also too tall for the front. Both will rub around turns. They will also look ridiculous on front too.

For the front, most go with 235/60's on the factory rim. This is the same height as stock, but a little wider for better handling.

On the rear, you can do either on the factory rim. I think the 275/60's are too tall, so I have 275/50's on my factory rears. The 275/50's are also very close to factory height, so it wont throw off your speedometer. This tire is a little wide for factory rims, but mine look very cool and are wearing fine. I also didn't even need spacers! Those rear tires are a HUGE improvemnet over the factory ones!

Back