You can type here any text you want

28 spline Moser axles

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

bad V6

How hard are you running the stock replacement Moser axles (28 spline)?

Currently the car has a stock G80 rearend, with no issues. I'm upgrading the engine and had the 2004R gone through last summer. I will not be using a transbrake. This is a streetcar that will frequent the track a few times throughout the spring and fall. The combination will hopefully go mid 10's, eventually with more turbo and fuel I'm looking for low 10's.

Thanks,
Pat

My first and only 10 sec run (see sig) was on stock axles in 2006, next run snapped the stock axle while building boost to launch. Been running Moser 28's ever since with no problems. I made about 20 passes on those slicks leaving easy (low to mid 11's at 125+ mph because no cage, then I decided let's see what a launch can do, that's when things started breaking.

I don't plan on shocking the drivetrain with a transbrake or slicks. Currently there is no problem with building boost on the footbrake, current combo launches at 15-20. The new combination should be more responsive, and not have to push it as hard on the line. I know it's a matter of time 'til something gives, looking to rectify the situation before that occurs.

I have been running them for 15 years. Five of those were high 11's, five more were mid 11's and the last 5 are mid 10's. The car is 3750 lbs with me and a 1/2 tank and my 60' is usually a high 1.4 to low 1.5 foot braking.

Thanks,
Mike

Been using them for years. Lots of 10.0 runs.

Hope this helps, Kip

A better question would be....

I wonder if the Moser axles you buy today are as good as the ones purchased 15 years ago. With more and more offshore materials being used to manufacture in the US, has quality at Moser changed?

*sidenote* Im not saying Moser uses offshore materials.

And finally to answer your question. I ran 28 spline mosers in my 10 sec GN with no problems. I got them used from Geno and the splines had just started twisting from numerous low 10sec runs.

I'm curious as well about axles. I'm hoping to go into the tens will the Moser 28 spline work fine? Is there a better option that i should be considering before i order these up? :confused:

The Moser 28's will strip the splines into the center section before they break. I dont think Ive ever seen one break. Jason Cramer went high 9s on a set.

Thanks Louie! Sounds like they'll work fine for me then as well! Appreciate the feedback.

My old car would 60 high1.30s to low 1.40s never broke one leaving on 20psi off the brake. My new car has been 10.0 with a 1.50 60ft off the foot brake. Both cars had c clip eliminators and Moser axles.

Back