You can type here any text you want

2G Eclipse GS

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

JayLashua

I thought only the GS-T's had turbo, I was wrong... I fished out this eclipse that was racing through traffic and finally end up at a red light... the car feels good, I turned the boost down, and burnt a chip that was written for my combo the other night, much better top end I say!

At the light, I heard his turbo spool... ****, What was I thinking, I knew he was gunna race, I'm always afraid to spool up at the red lights...cops.. etc.. anyhow.. he takes off and i floor it... he slowly nudged me out ... damn. :mad:

We kept punching it from a 50-55 mph roll, and this chip was REALLY making a difference, I saw the speedo at 80-85ish mph and only 1 yellow LED on the knock gauge... and still pulling.. I shut down when I got to his fender...

I thought I could get him though if we could just fin a light so i could spool... find a light we did!

This car was pretty obvious too, the BOV was nice and distinct as well as the turbo, maybe not stock?? anyhow!

I spool up about 1 PSI and (still hesitant about cops...) .. light goes green and we kinda flop it.. then get right back into it and he couldnt shake me, we ran pretty evenly until we shut it down.. . he turned off and I went my seperate way, was pretty fun all in all :D

Good run....
Only GS-T's and GSX's come with turbos, but some kids get aftermarket turbo kits for their GS's or RS's. I'm not sure why they do it, I'd rather have a motor that was meant to be turbo'd.

Interesting.. well, he put me up for a challenge! ;)

though the passenger waved bye bye to me the first run... hmmm , but i held up and showed him whats up later on ...he wasn't waving bye-bye anymore.. ohwell, they were cool though, unlike ricers which would have flipped me off (and they have) ;)

On the street I used to spool it as much as possible,the tires just barely beginning to turn.The guy next to me usually looks at me like I'm weak and can't do a burnout and it looks like I'm really trying to.Then:D ,the light changes and WHAM to the floor and off to lay out a good 100ft of rubber.I beat a modded 96 cobra twice in a row with this technique on the street(posted it here).I miss the hotair,it would have roasted this stang that was pickin on the stock GN the other day:o .

I dont know why you're so nervous about spooling up. Thats what cost you the race. It may sound like you're making a lot of racket but youre not. only you and the guy next to you will know whats up

some of the people who have either a gs-t or gsx like to take off the "t" or "x" and make it look like they only got a gs...thats something I'd do, or just remove the label all together, sleepers are just cooler to me. nice runs, it always adds to enjoyment when the other car owner is cool.

Back