2nd gear slipping

JDT

My car runs fine through first gear shifts to 2nd gear for a second then moves right onto 3rd gear. If I put it manually into 2nd gear is seems to slip bad. Something kind of there but not really. http://www.ckperformance.com/View/MASTER-REBUILD-KIT-B
Was the kit used last time on the rebuild. From what I am reading it's likely a band that's been burnt? Do I need a full rebuild kit again or is it safe to just repair that band.

Also is it something that could be checked out before dropping the trans or should I just drop the transmission and order a kit.

Push in on the servo cover & see how far it moves, could be a broken band lug, maybe the servo seal is bad.
Most likely you'll have to put in a new band probably burned from slipping.

So if you followed the CK kit, you deleted the metal pipe off the valve body. Did you put the pipe plug in its correct location to block the passage? Sounds like a huge circuit leak in manual 2 and that would do it

So if you followed the CK kit, you deleted the metal pipe off the valve body. Did you put the pipe plug in its correct location to block the passage? Sounds like a huge circuit leak in manual 2 and that would do it
car ran well for several years since the rebuild. I think I over reved 2nd gear and burnt the band

And how would that burn the band?
Not sure why it did but transmission is out and opened up. Band is burnt so putting in a new drum and band. Also ordered the rebuild kit so hopefully be back up and running next week.

Generally to burn a band you could have several causes. Poor drum condition, wide band on an improperly prepared drum, Poor/improper set up of the servo come to mind for me. So you need to set the band up right or you are going to be doing this again.

Ok after reading the manual by Ckperformance I see there is a rod extender for the servo rod. I called and ordered a longer rod since they no longer offer the extender. Could this have caused my issues?

Best bet is to run Dave's or Lonnie's carbon band. I also used Blues in the direct with Dave's pressure plate.
Not sure what servo you are using, but latest builds have been with the Sonnax.

you need to set the correct clearance on the band. I'm pretty sure it is outlined in the ck manual. Different builders have different clearances and that depends in them , the band material and their experience. None really give out their setup and you can imagine.

Ok well we got transmission all put back together. One thing missing was inside the servo. Its an internal piston oil ring. Of course CKperformance's book recommends saving the old one since most kits do not include this ring.