You can type here any text you want

3.5 dash speaker recomendation

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

"Turbo-T"

V6 on steroids
I am in need of some 3.5" dash speakers. Would like something that gives me clear crisp highs and good clarity. Right now I have a pair of Alpines that mount on the surface yet the tweeter still allows the dash cap to fit perfectly...however Crutchfield no longer sells them and one of mine is blown.

What do you have, and does it allow the dash cap to go back on? Or does it have a protruding tweeter?

Please list what you have, model numbers, prices...

Thanks.

I'm pricing out some kenwood 3.5's and 4X10's right now. I'm waaaay out of the car audio game, don't even know if they are a good name anymore. The head has MP3 and USB jacks to use iPhone / Ipod which is what I'm looking for. That Alpine unit with the iPod input looks sweet, I have no use for a CD player.

I have infinity reference series 3012cf. If you bend the mounting tabs slightly they fit snugly under the dash cover. They sound great and come with the bass blockers. They also have the widest range of frequency response I've seen for the size. The newer model 3032cf have the same frequency response but have higher peak wattage allowances if your gonna run them from and amp and not the head unit.

Thanx Pittsburgkid....do you know if these can be mounted with the tabs on top of the dash? or will the tweeters hit the underside of the dash cap when cap is installed?

They fit nicely by bending the mounting tabs up slightly. You can mount them on top and the stationary tweeter touches the underside of the dash cover but doesn't actually push the grill up at all. The midrange cone that actually moves doesn't touch anything so there's no rattle or reverberation to worry about.

I have those too and they are a noticable improvement over stock. No clearance issues whatsoever with the stock panel attached. I chose to use Polk with all 6 speakers (concert sound) and elected to use the 6X9s in the rear with the Metra adapters I bought from Best Buy. I purchased my speakers through Crutchfield. I power them with the older style Pioneer 1.5 DIN deck that I bought used off a board member here.

2 way dash speakers are too bright for me. I have a pair of stock Bose 3.5 "twiddler" which is just one speaker from a C5 corvette in my GN. It would sound better with a resistor to mute it some so my separates in the doors bring up the highs.

Back