3.5 MAF Pipe

hello: So far TR Custom parts is the only one marketing one and Tin Man says he's in the process. I'm going to try something myself and if it doesn't pan out I'll wait as someone will cum up with more of a choice.
Go BRUINS
IBBY

3.5" MAF Pipes Been making them for years. Choice of plain, polished aluminum or chrome plated steel. Why wait for months for a non supporting vendor to make one??:confused:

Attachments

• 3_5mafpipe3.jpg
    3_5mafpipe3.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 389
Bigwood racing was making a real nice one piece pipe, but I'm not sure they are anylonger. Maybe hadn't received enough orders to make it worth while to produce. Too much fancy welding involved. :frown:

Attachments

• 100_0610.jpg
    100_0610.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 384
Bigwood racing was making a real nice one piece pipe, but I'm not sure they are anylonger. Maybe hadn't received enough orders to make it worth while to produce. Too much fancy welding involved. :frown:

I have a BWR one. Picked it up from Brian @ G-Body. Real nice piece!!!

Attachments

• Motor_Sept_2010a.jpg
    Motor_Sept_2010a.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 371
  • Motor2-1.jpg
    Motor2-1.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 374
  • Motor3.jpg
    Motor3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 374
Had mine

Made by [ur50slo] came out great

Attachments

• GNXPipe3[1].jpg
    GNXPipe3[1].jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 374
  • GNXPipe5[1].jpg
    GNXPipe5[1].jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 362
hello: BostonGn what CAI are you using? Also no one has a 3.5" pipe on there site except TR Customs. Now Gbodies has one? Or is it a special order?
IBBY

hello: BostonGn what CAI are you using? Also no one has a 3.5" pipe on there site except TR Customs. Now Gbodies has one? Or is it a special order?
IBBY

BWR pipe Right here on G-Body's site: GBodyParts.com Online

I'm running this pipe, LS1 MAF, a 45* polished bend from TR Customs, and a 3.5" filter under the bumper. Basically combined a bunch of pieces and made my own CAI.

TR Customs, as far as I know, are the only ones that sell a "complete" 3.5" cold air kit.

hello: BostonGn I've been to G-bodies site a few times and never seen that. I just order a few pcs. to make my own and we'll see what happens. I' m going with a TinMan CAI as he was the originator but I want a perfect fit and I don't know if I'm going to get it with the pipes out there or what I'm trying.
How long have you had that translater in that location? I'll have to cum up with a location for mine soon.
IBBY

maf pipe

Here's mine. Make them myself.

Attachments

• DSCN0821.jpg
    DSCN0821.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 357
  • DSCN0823.jpg
    DSCN0823.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 349
Here is mine

This one a good friend give me it and has not asked for it back like most so called friends do.

Attachments

• DSC09504.jpg
    DSC09504.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 349
hello: All these examples are nice but anyone use one with a TinMan CAI? I'd like to see that and where you got it.
IBBY

how about yours mark? Any rub issues, like oil man says?
here's what i did .. I put a vacume plug over the bolt end then cut a peice of hose to cover the nut all is good .. At first i used a nut cover for like a swing set but with heat the plastic broke .. Hope this helps .. Its really no big deal but i thought i could save some the troble of finding out the hard way like i did ..& YOU WILL NEED AN IAC RELOCATER KIT SO IT POINTS TOWARD THE FUEL PRESURE GAUGE AREA .. THE IAC THAT IS ..

How about yours Mark? Any rub issues, like Oil Man says?

Plenty of adjustibility of the pipe within the connectors so it doesn't rub. One thing I have done in the past to pretty much eliminate any chance of rubbing is to cut off the extra threads on that damn stud that sticks out. These pics show it cut off and that is my FOUR inch MAF pipe I use with a Z06 MAF sensor. I use one of our solid upper radiator pipes so don't use the clamp that bolts on to that stud that holds the stock upper rad hose. But even if you still do use it you can still cut off a few threads.

Attachments

• bolt 003.jpg
    bolt 003.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 267
  • bolt 001.jpg
    bolt 001.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 250
  • bolt 002.jpg
    bolt 002.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 241