You can type here any text you want

3.5 THDP turbo match

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Alaskabuick

Just thought I would pass this on.

I pulled my 3.5 THDP and noticed it did not match up to the turbo exact by the carbon deposits, see attached picture.

I am running a GT 67 turbo.

Would I be right in assuming that this would effect my flow out of the turbo and be a restriction?

I am going to mill this out to match. Will this be a benifit or wasting time?

Dennis

Attachments

• turbo and Down pipe 002.jpg
    turbo and Down pipe 002.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 121
Nothing wrong with a 3.5 on a p trim. I am using a 3" on a q trim. I just took a die grinder to mine and matched it to the turbine housing to eliminate any turbulence.

Yep,
If you re-tool the pipe you can get it to fit but orginally never was intended by application

Yes I have heard that a 3" is all I need, but that is what was on the car when I got it.

Ill make Her work!

Who knows, I may go bigger turbo in the future?

Dennis

tbirdv6 said:
Yep,
If you re-tool the pipe you can get it to fit but orginally never was intended by application

I don't inderstand how this contributes to his question since he would have the same situation with a 3".
That's hot rodding. Sometimes you can or have to mess with stuff to get it to work to it's full potential. You can't really go too big on a DP, and a 3.5 ain't gonna hurt performance, be it a P or Q.

Just match it to the housing so you don't have to worry if you are losing flow or not.

Your 3.5"TH downpipe was originally made for a p trim turbo, you need to grind down the edge of the dp to make it match.
Make a template of your turbo outlet and then trace the edge on the dp, this will tell you how far you need to go.
Warning, stainless is a p.i.t.a. to grind, be preparred to wear heavy gloves and eye protection because the bits will stick in your skin.

Back