You can type here any text you want

3.8 Liter trunk emblem location.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Turbodan

Does anyone have a picture of their 3.8 liter trunk emblem on their car. I need some kind of reference on where the emblem goes. Thanks

It doesn't go on the trunk - just both sides of the hood "bulge". The Power 6 GN emblem is the only one on the trunk - left side... that's of course if your car is a GN - don't know about Turbo Ts...

mikesvwservice said:
It doesn't go on the trunk - just both sides of the hood "bulge". The Power 6 GN emblem is the only one on the trunk - left side... that's of course if your car is a GN - don't know about Turbo Ts...

If its a T or T-type it belongs on the trunk...
I will go take some pics of mine...
BW

Both cars are factory paint cars,
HTH

Attachments

• 100_2976 (Small).jpg
    100_2976 (Small).jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 152
  • 100_2977 (Small).jpg
    100_2977 (Small).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 123
  • 100_2979 (Small).jpg
    100_2979 (Small).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 100_2980 (Small).jpg
    100_2980 (Small).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 111
How many of you guys have the "buick" emblem on the left side and the "3.8" on the right side?? Thats where mine are and do appear to have been there since day 1. :confused:

Thanks for the pics. Yes, it is a Turbo T. I hear the hood emblem is chrome with black outline and the trunk emblem is all chrome. Can that statement be confirmed?

One more question for the Turbo T owners. Did the factory cars have a REGAL emblem on rear quarter panels? And are those REGAL emblems different than the one on the trunk lid?

Turbodan said:
Thanks for the pics. Yes, it is a Turbo T. I hear the hood emblem is chrome with black outline and the trunk emblem is all chrome. Can that statement be confirmed?

Yes that is correct. The hood emblems are chrome with a black background while the trunk ones are all chrome. It is hard to find a NOS trunk emblem anymore. Hood emblems are still readily available. The word REGAL is supposed to be on the rear quarter that are chrome letters with a black background, and there is not supposed to be the word REGAL on the trunk. The only thing on the trunk is the 3.8SFITURBO on the left, and BUICK on the right.

Hey Welby, Nice car looks the rear end of mine minus the emblems. Do you have a lift kit on yours? It seems higher. Any side pics?

Now that's nice. Have a white one.Limited. GOD I love it. Mine has new paint.Old one was shot. Buddy did me a solid. Stripped took windows out. I painted it stock......Sweet And the emblems are correct....Just my .02 cents

RobV6- Post some pics of that bad boy! My white one in the above pics is a white hardtop limited with grey cloth interior.... And hell yes i love it, and the daily driver limited too! mmmmmm comfy seats :biggrin:
BW

Wow this is so cool to have someone else who understands. will shoot some photos. Also glad you had eric's chip up. After motor is finished. I'm rockin'.

Blue velour. wish it did have leather though. Thanks for talkin'. I'll send some in day or so. Thanks again...... :D. Made my day. Love your car

Turbodan said:
Hey Welby, Nice car looks the rear end of mine minus the emblems. Do you have a lift kit on yours? It seems higher. Any side pics?

Lift kit?! Lol, no, it's probably just the angle I took the pic at, I was stooping down. Don't have many good side shots here at work. Here's one the previous owner took before I bought it. It's still the same :)

One nice car. I'm trying to get the door strips. As mine whee ruined when we painted it.One of the workers folded it and put it in a bag. But I did get
Those emblems in back of Opera window......Nice car. Class for me...Rob

Back