You can type here any text you want

3.8 stage block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

kshef

how much power can I expect out of a 3.8 Stage block? about how much do they run and where can I get one?

3.8 Block

Heres the easiest way to find a 3.8 block, Go out to your car, pop the hood and look in the engine bay, if you dont have one there then theres a Serious problem ;)

Kshef,

There isn't a clear cut answer for your question. There are at least 3 versions of the 3.8 liter Stage II block. 2 have the same casting # 25500012 and are Off center. One is an On center with casting # 25500153.

There is an early off center block which is machined from the same casting as the Stage I block but has 4 bolt center main caps and 14 head bolt holes. These early blocks don't have siameese bores and are prone to cracking on the outside between the freeze plugs.

There is a later version (circa 1985) which has siameese cylinders and is much stronger but quite rare and as stated above has the same casting # to add to the confusion.

The last version is an on center block with casting # 25500153 and is an underbored 4.1 liter block. All of the above blocks will set you back between $2500 and $3K for a new one. Prices for used ones will vary greatly upon condition. Shop carefully.

Neal

Re: 3.8 Block

Originally posted by Lt. Doomsday
Heres the easiest way to find a 3.8 block, Go out to your car, pop the hood and look in the engine bay, if you dont have one there then theres a Serious problem ;)
I am sorry and no offense- but I read that and bust out laughing- hilarious :D Larry

Re: Re: 3.8 Block

Originally posted by Larry
I am sorry and no offense- but I read that and bust out laughing- hilarious :D Larry

lmao thanks man im just here to have a good time :D

i was pretending i didnt see the "stage" lol

no offence taken! ;)

Back