You can type here any text you want

3.8L FWD timing tables

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

CTX-SLPR

Howdy,

does anyone have the timing tables for the 3.8L FWD motors with the DIS ignition? I want to use them as a base for my NA trial of my L67 ECM on an LC2.

Thanks,

Typical timing table, '86 FWD LG3 3.8 SFI

LG3timing.gif

Yes, massive necro posting but what are the axis labels on this graph? I've been using L67 timing tables but they are assuredly too conservative for an 8:1 NA engine with a 212/212 roller.

Thanks,

Ok... What is LV8? HPTuners has the timing table as RPM vs. Cylinder Air Mass (g/cyl).

Hmmm... Ok, guess I can just extrapolate the extent of the table to match the same and copy the timing values accordingly. I guess the important thing is that the OEM timing table is calling for 50º of timing lead in many situations!

That's normal. Its not unusual to have a lot of timing in light load cells, as it helps with fuel economy. There is a far less chance of detonation in those areas since the cylinder temps are lower.

Still massively different than the L36 table I was using. The 8.0:1 engine was an absolute dog with low timing.

Max timing on the L36 was 32.6º at a slightly higher rpm. I've not loaded the new timing tables and tried it yet. Have to double check some things to make sure all is well and I don't have any vacuum leaks before I try driving it again.

Ok, I was slightly wrong, I was using an L67 timing table and L36 is a bit higher timing in the high rpm, low load area but not crazily more just a few degrees.
Here's the L67:
L67 Timing Table.png

Back