You can type here any text you want

3 turbos at barrett this week!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nick19

Best of luck to our two members selling their cars , the other is a 2,000mile WE4, looks pretty good. Keep us posted if you guys have time down there.:D :D :D

Best of luck to our two members selling their cars , the other is a 2,000mile WE4, looks pretty good. Keep us posted if you guys have time down there.:D :D :D

Nick, the WE4 is nasty. The bumper fillers have a 1/4" of some sort of cruddy substance on them. There is wax residue on every piece of trim, you know the white stuff you cannot get out except maybe with peanut butter. The power antenna is stuck about three inch's up in the up position and is there permanantly, the AC blows HOT AIR, not cold. The car is sitting there for all to see in a completely undetailed condition.

There is also a 86 T-type there. Looks nice, but didn't see the mileage.

Speed will be televising starting tomorrow at 6PM and on Saturday from 12 Noon.

6200 mile GN sells at $28,000

That calculates to about $26,000 after commision to owner.... and not including shipping and transport... so about $25,000 for a 6200 mile car?? Are these cars going up or not??? doesnt look like the recognition is there yet...

Are these cars going up or not??? doesnt look like the recognition is there yet...

Based on everything I've seen, it looks like they PEAKED Last Year, and are heading DOWN!!!!!! Come on a
MOONROOF 7K mile MINT GN for only $28k at BARRET JACKSON!!!

Based on everything I've seen, it looks like they PEAKED Last Year, and are heading DOWN!!!!!! Come on a
MOONROOF 7K mile MINT GN for only $28k at BARRET JACKSON!!!

That was my car. Not good when they say on TV "That was bought VERY well" :mad:

Oh well, that's the B-J game. I didn't even want to send it with the crappy run number they gave me, but I was partners in this car with someone that wanted to send it.

Luckily we only owned it for 23K :cool: Didn't get rich, but didn't loose anything.

My days of No reserve and Barrett-Jackson are over. I'll stick to other auctions and Hemmings if I want to sell again.

Good luck to Rich today on his T-Top car. We'll see if his run number makes for a better sale.

I think with all the bad publicity B-J is getting lately, it won't be long until they will have to go back to a "RESERVE" type auction.

It certainly looks like that the bottom has fallen out of the GN market based on the 1 sale so far at BJ. Maybe the general public has become aware that there were 20,000+ thousand of the collectable cars built & can be found in almost any local newspaper for sale? The good news is that they are fun cars to drive & enjoy untill the market turns again & you can achieve your needed profit or you can part the car out, sell the roller to a racer & get a far greater return on your dollar. Now i just to find my sawzall blades. :)

It certainly looks like that the bottom has fallen out of the GN market based on the 1 sale so far at BJ. Maybe the general public has become aware that there were 20,000+ thousand of the collectable cars built & can be found in almost any local newspaper for sale? The good news is that they are fun cars to drive & enjoy untill the market turns again & you can achieve your needed profit or you can part the car out, sell the roller to a racer & get a far greater return on your dollar. Now i just to find my sawzall blades. :)

It's not only GN's that are down. Seems the whole collector car market is down. It will go up again, as it always does...luckily it isn't down that much.

Clean original cars will always have value as the cars aren't getting any younger. I agree that there are better ways to market & sell a GN than BJ. Do they really draw buyers looking for 1 type of vehicle or is it a crowd of car flippers looking for a bargain?

I think it is in the economy,banks and the new car era

The economy plays a big part of it .. but considering that newer cars are the best they have been... the SRT cars the AMG'S the LS6'S .....Ford's come back with the retro Stang... and many more choices for the american muscle car guy now.... These older cars are being seen as a project car or a collector car and big money in comparison unless on the collector side is not an option being that the banks are not giving the loans on the book value and the interest rates are high....cash money is getting harder for the average folk to come up with....IMO

No worries -- while I agree the car market has flattened -- BJ is a strange environment and seems to attract buyers especially interested in marques beginning with Mopar or Chevy. Buicks have never done fantastic at BJ -- add in the early day/time for that car (which looked fantastic by the way! Where was my bidder padde when I needed it?:rolleyes: ). It's got to say something about the price levels and bidding when announcer Mike Joy bid on an almost won that GTO. And I thought they were going to cry about the price of that '58? DeSoto. So no worries ...

28k for a car that was a 20,000 car build in 1987, not that bad. consider the 16% commision on top, makes it a 33k sell. this auction is nothing compared to the spending in Scottsdale, look at the turbo that sold for 40k in that one,no where in the cond. of Twins car. Of the two auctions AZ is the one with the buyers(egos). IMO B.J. does not dictate future value,so everyone thinking they will by a real low mile GN or GNX for 20% less than last month,forget it unless seller needs the cash.

To say the collector car market is down, is not necessarily fair. I see your perspectives, but in reality its up, WAY up, has been for years. Its still up, not at the level it was, but way higher than anyone would have guessed 10 or even 5 years ago. The surge is slowing, and now that we are used to the unreal, the reality isnt as fun.
Like Real Estate, the slumps dont reflect where true level is, only highs and lows. Hang w/ the GNs, you have to TRY to lose $ to do so.

Any idea if these gn's were bought by private owners or dealer, flippers buying them at book value??

Another 1 at book value, i'm sensing a trend. These cars probally would have done better on e-bay. GN's over 30 grand quite frequently lately there.

WHI went for 20k

WH1 car went for 20k... I was all over the car on the block... but considering a 1992 Star Trek Enterprise camaro... " real crap ass car" went fo 32k... I ask what is going on??????

That Fukin auction makes no sence at all. Oh well , I'm done with B-J until they bring back reserves.

My friend lost his shirt on his 71 mustang today :mad:

Back