You can type here any text you want

325/50/15 frame clearences

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

karolko

I was wondering if you guys could share with me what type of framerail clearence you have with your 325/50/15's.

I have a 1" frame notch done to the car and currently i am around 3/8". I will be running a HR bar in the back and am wondering if this is enough clearnece so that i will not get any rubbing.

Thanks for the help.

Adrian

dont think it will work with 5.5 back spacing, but prob will with only 5 inch,,,

I have less clearance than that towards the rear of my notch with the 325. My 295s had even less and they didnt rub. Yes the 295s are taller and narrower , but because of their height, got closer to other areas. This was on a track only car not subjected to uneven pavement, potholes or any thing of the sort.

I have custom wheels with 6" backspacing, but i also have a custom rear end, so backspacing will not matter to me.

Louie, i saw that your wheels were very very tight last to the outer fender also. If you can do it with less, then 3/8 to 1/2" should do it for me.

How deep was your notch? just one inch?

It was just to the middle seam of the frame rail. I later had to notch further to the fron and rear due to the 295. Here is a pic with the 325. No frame pics tho.

P2230013.jpg

Hey louie, would you send me some pics from the back under the car, like to see your lower control bars and all, here a pic of mine...
100_1051-1.jpg

Hey Louie, how much room would you say you have? I have about 1/4'' in the closest spot. It's tight. I'm not toooo worried about it. It might rub a little. Or a lot. We'll see.

Hey Louie, how much room would you say you have? I have about 1/4'' in the closest spot. It's tight. I'm not toooo worried about it. It might rub a little. Or a lot. We'll see.

If this is on your track car I seen before you will be fine. On a street car it may rub.

Back