You can type here any text you want

#359 is on again with 10 miles this time

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
since it is still at the dealership and has never been titled what is the warranty on a car like this.

The last time that this car was listed on ebay the same question came up about the Factory warranty. I remember someone saying that if the car was not put into service within 2-3 years the factory warranty would be void. If some was to buy this car and take it to a buick dealer for warranty work I don't think the techs would know what to do with it!

even if they did know what to do with it, would they be able to get parts for the car. from what i understand a lot of the parts are not avalible anymore anyway. although i guess if you could afford this car you would not have to worry about that or even driving the car anyway. the only warranty problem would be dry rot on the tires that you cant get anymore. dave

since it is still at the dealership and has never been titled what is the warranty on a car like this.

The warrany is long gone on this car. Warranties are time sensative...drive it or not, the warranty expires even if the car isn't driven more than delivery miles, as this car was. I deal with Robert Buick (the seller) on a regular basis, and they've been sitting on this car since it was new. I remember back in the late 80's and early 90's it was still on the showroom floor. I would drive by and drool on a regular basis. It's been in a storage building under a cover for the last 15 years or so. They've been looking for $100K + since the car was new. It'll be interesting to see what happens this time.

The bidding is over $100,100.oo , and the reserve hasn't been met yet. I wonder what its gonna take to get it?:confused:

are you sure the warranty isnt still valid? I thought it only activated when it was titled. if that car was never titled, i thought the warranty is still good.

Pretty certain...my understanding is that warranties run from date of build, with an adjustment for date of sale. In this case, the dealer paid for this car not by selling it to an end consumer, but by keeping it in their own inventory. Either way, it was technically "sold" and the warranty clock started running. If we were to look at a warrant document from that time, I would bet my left arm that there is disclaimer langauge for instances such as this. The General has scads of attorneys planning for all contingencies. If you think about it, the ability for Buick to warrany this car so long after it was built is nil...there were few parts available when the car was new, now, 20 years later, how many parts and/or service knowledge is still out there? Some current buick techs were still in diapers when the car was built and have no clue how to work on it!

The warranty starts at the "in service" date, this is why when you buy a dealer demo car with 1100 miles on it but is one model year old, you still only get the balance of the warranty. That this dealer kept it, as sixequalseight said, certainly activated the "in service" date even if the car never moved off the lot (which does happen to be the case with this car)

PS - I happen to love the fact that he is using last year's pictures for the car again this year...:rolleyes:

Big money buyers are all gone.....

it will take a little time to see this ... but all the collectors with tons of funds have got thier cars and now us average joe's are back with pocket change resulting in these high demand GNX'S with big price tags just to sit for another so many years ..... the cars in range if 30-70 will be sold not anything more then that......the sellers will soon realize that the GNX is not made of platinum.... just gold instead...

I think this GNX is a bargain at any price. Unlike most GNX's that have swaped owners a dozen times for profit & who knows what has happened along the way, this car is still at the original dealership & has been treated with A++ care for 20 years. This car belongs in a museum & not your average hoppy type, wannabe car collector garage & flipped for profit.

I think this GNX is a bargain at any price. Unlike most GNX's that have swaped owners a dozen times for profit & who knows what has happened along the way, this car is still at the original dealership & has been treated with A++ care for 20 years. This car belongs in a museum & not your average hoppy type, wannabe car collector garage & flipped for profit.

The A++ care you refer to is the car sitting in a building under a cover and being moved most likely only when the guy first listed it on ebay last year to take the pictures. That isn't A++ care, though being in a HVAC controlled building doesn't hurt. It's the total lack of use. I drive past that dealership at least 8 times a week and it never moves. A few weeks before that original ebay listing there was a post on one of the boards on how a sales guy at the dealership snuck someone in to see it and that it seemed as though the last time someone was in the building was 1987... I'd be concerned for dry rotted vacuum lines & tires, goopy fuel in an almost empty tank, dry AC system, etc. If it was really that good, it would have sold the first couple of times he listed it.

The car was PERFECT the last time i saw it & it remained on the showroom floor untill the early 90's. It is a car that should be displayed somewhere & not for some eurotrash investor to pimp around fairfield county in. If i had that kind of disposable cash lying around it would be in my garage right now.

The only time that car has been off the showroom floor was for those pics! The funny thing is the showroom moved to a new building, but the car didn't. I only drive by it once a week, but I've been turning my head to look in that building since 1987. It's always there!

It is a beautiful site looking up the hill & seeing the car perched there proudly. I still remember the line of GN's there at the end of 1987. $3,000 over msrp for adjusted market value.

The car was PERFECT the last time i saw it & it remained on the showroom floor untill the early 90's. It is a car that should be displayed somewhere & not for some eurotrash investor to pimp around fairfield county in. If i had that kind of disposable cash lying around it would be in my garage right now.

I go to college in fairfield county...wish i had known it was around, would have made a visit:(

Back