36mm fbody sway bar fit (looks like will hit)

National Newb

Just mounted up my 36mm fbody sway bar that I got off a TB member... has the two holes at the end and definately is hollow.... but when I mounted it up... it sits under the frame rails a bit... like if you hit a big bump and it goes straight up it will hit the frame...

When I took it off again and laid it ontop of the stock swaybar, the fbody one is alittle narrower.:eek: ...

put the stock one back... and looks like it clears the rails...

any info would be gratly appretiated...

I have a 34mm hollow and it hits. Plan to change it out soon.

It should not hit. I recently took mine off because if was too close to the stretched intercooler for me (cleared-but better safe than sorry). With it properly installed it should not be a problem. I too thought it was not going to fit, but it did.

i just put on a Spohn front bar, and it sits right up against the back of the intercooler scoop...kinda close for comfort...but it doesnt appear to be rubbing

i put the 36mm on mine, i'm embarassed at how long it took. it was a PITA. but it fits fine, and i could tell a big big difference in the ride, even over speed bumps.
here's how i did it:
use the 36mm rubber, cut the tip off the back of it so that it sits flush to the frame.
use the brackets from your stock bar. torque the bolts evenly- some people have had them strip the nuts from the frame. i put 30ft.lbs to mine, and have ridden over the roughest roads and bumps without any problems.

i would like to run a 34mm just for comparison.

thanks all

I said screw it and ordered a hotchkis bar from summit instead....I dont want to take a chance and screw something up, at least this should fit right...

anyone interested I have brand new energy suspension poly bushings, and energy suspension poly end links...and the "34mm fbody swaybar nicely painted black"

anyone want to give it a shot on their car... $40.00 +shipping just want my money back for the bushings... the bar goes for free with them (+_shipping of course) just dont want to hear the bar is wrong.... your chance...