36mm hollow sway bar

TexasT

Texas, Where are you from
I posted about this fbody bar but can't find the post.

I found a 36mm hollow bar for the 3rd gen fbody.
Is $50 too much to spend on one?
Anyone got one cheaper shipped to 77357?

Thought it would be a good addition as it reduces the front weight as well as adding a stiffer bar to help handling.

Anyone have some feed back on their install?
Thnks

Rich

$50 shipped is a good price, I got mine for $40.

My Fbody bar weighed 14 1/2lbs, I have yet to swap out the stocker but I will this summer. I hope to see a 10lb drop, otherwise it better corner better. :mad:

Thats a pretty good price. Its definately lighter than the stocker. I swapped one into my Cutlass, and it was a lot lighter than the skinny non F41 bar.

Install is pretty straightforward. Remove the old one, reuse the brackets that are on the car (not the ones that were on the F-body, dunno if you'll even get those) and bolt it up. Probably worthwhile to pick up new bushings. I just reused the ones that were on it when I pulled the bar at the junkyard.

RegalX said:
Does anyone know if 4th gen f-bodys front sway bars will fit g-bodys?

I'm pretty sure they won't. SLP had them for cheap and if they fit, someone would have said something.

We run the 36mm bar in the 2+2. It works pretty good, saves weight and cheap to buy.

I dont have access to my part numbers right now but someone on here or a ls1 camaro website should know it. I think it comes off a 98-2002 camaro.

W29 said:
could you kindly share the GM part number with us?

$87 shipped sounds like a reasonable price for a new one.

TIA
Bar # 14094344, frame bushings # 14094389. HTH.