You can type here any text you want

Front 35mm hollow sway bar weight

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

gusszgs

Has anyone weighted say the Hotchkis front hollow sway bar to the stock one?
Is there a significant weight savings going to this bar?
Thanks

Don't let weight dictate your purchase for a street car. I am using the thicker F body front swaybar in mine. Just make more power....

Well, if I can install a better bar that is lighter, in my eyes that's a win win. Wouldn't you agree?

Well, if I can install a better bar that is lighter, in my eyes that's a win win. Wouldn't you agree?

Definitely. My response was more driven towards the weight difference not being significant enough either way, and a lesser option would get the nod due to it being lighter. But either way, retaining the swaybar is by far the best choice for a street car regardless of what you choose. All the best.

My understanding is the f body bar is approx 1/2 the weight of the factory bar. Really don't see why the Hotchkis one wouldn't be of the same weight savings. I was considering the Hotchkis one because I've read guys having issues installing the f body bar not fitting quite right.

I have a Suspension Techniques front bar that came with my car when I bought it. I can weigh it tonight after work. I weighed it once before and I believe it was 27lbs .

My understanding is the f body bar is approx 1/2 the weight of the factory bar. Really don't see why the Hotchkis one wouldn't be of the same weight savings. I was considering the Hotchkis one because I've read guys having issues installing the f body bar not fitting quite right.

Your right. The mounting brackets was the issue when mounting the F body sway bar on. A lot of guys were trying to fit a thicker bar in using the factory brackets which was like seeing a fat chick in tight jeans, it just can't contain all of that..... I'm not sure which bracket I have because I bought mine years ago on this board and it came with the correct ones that fit the swaybar properly.

Back