You can type here any text you want

4.1 guys....need opinions on a few gasket choices.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

coldair85GN

fast85GN
4.1 production block with .030 pistons and ported factory cast iron heads.
What head gaskets are you guys having luck with? I am planning to use ARP studs to bolt them down.
I would rather a blown head gasket than a blown piston so keep that in mind.

I ran the 1000s also for a couple years on my .035 over 4.1. It's been said the gaskets is too small for a 4" bore and it worked for me but after pulling the heads off recently, I have no idea how the fire ring sealed. If it somehow worked for me at .035, it should be fine for you at .030. Just ordered the 1026s with a slightly bigger bore.

Felpro 1000 worked with champion irons and .035 at the 600 crank hpl mark and 25lbs of boost for 20 runs so far. No issues.

D

Everything I read on here, plus my machinist, scared me away from the Felpro's on my .035 over 4.1 build so I went with Cometics. Haven't finished putting it all together so no real world experience yet. I followed the directions from Cometic exactly so we'll soon find out if I have any water seepage problems. Car is for street use only.
MLH

head gaskets

I use 1026 on a stage motor .045 over 21lb boost no problem. on a 8445 head. Now with GN_1 still 1026 still no problem.

Back