You can type here any text you want

4.1 production block

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Yep.....

Production 4.1’s are no slouch when built right..... A local has gone a 9.92 @ 138 mph at Reynolds, this past year. Turning it 6900 rpms at 28 psi, currently they are looking for new convertor as it's driving through the old Art Carr Non L/U. No hard block fill, no girdle, just 2 steel caps. Weight of car is 3620 with working A/C and no driver.

Has 3.600 crower crank and a "good" set of rods. Right at 270 CI. Car made several 9 second passes at reynolds. To keep from blowing thru the converter he turned timing down to 20 degrees up top with c-16. Several were trying to calculate HP and it seems to be making around 150hp per cylinder at the flywheel to run those kind of numbers. Has a custom grind camround a 224/224. The car continues to go faster ever outting......

Tunner is looking for 140 mph at the Turbobuick.com Nat's

Mine made 585whp with a girdle 484 prod. block so I would say yes!:biggrin:

Thanks guy this is what I wanted to know. Have been trying to make up my mind on witch one to go with just dont hear alot of good talk about 4.1 block

Back