You can type here any text you want

4"Down pipe

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

N2BUICK

TurboBuick.Com Supporter!
Anyone have experience of fabricating and installing a 4" down pipe,on our G body cars?
Will it fit !? (no a/c box)
Was using a fender well dump with my PT--88(sold).Would like to make an effort this time to get an exhaust system,with the new turbo.
Thanks
Austin

Art
Thanks for the info and link to the pics.
Any chance that you have a wider angle of those two pics?
Is that your crossover beside the down pipe?
My stageII headers crossover in the front,not use to all that piping in that area!
Austin

Austin,

Yes, that's the crossover (KB headers). If there were no crossover down there... would have cut the work quite a bit. I added a longer shot to the pic page.

Art

Its definitely do-able, but some people might question if its worth the trouble??? My dad just did it himself on his car, and let me tell ya, he didnt have fun:D

We fit a 4.5 downpipe on Billy's car, Austin. It still has a rear crossover and exhaust system, but no A/C box.
Greg Kring
150MPH street car

Looks like it is "doable"
If you guys put a 4 1/2" pipe there,thats good news to me.
Is Billy running a motor plate? There would seem to be very little room for motor torque,running a large downpipe?
I just ordered $Load of 304 stainless 90's and staight pipe.
I will see if the chasssis guy can make it work.
Its things like this that make you appreciate being able to call one our vendors and order a part that fits,as opposed to digging up the raw materials,finding someone to make it..... !
Austin

I was able to get the raw, pre-bent 4" dp from TH with no flange and adapted it to fit my ATR headers app. It was some work though.

Edit- whoops I mean the raw 3.5" pipe from TH...

TurboTR

Originally posted by summit
We fit a 4.5 downpipe on Billy's car, Austin. It still has a rear crossover and exhaust system, but no A/C box.
Greg Kring
150MPH street car

Any pics? I would like to see how tight the fit is on that bad boy.

Todd,

I just bought a TH 3.5" with a normal wastegated flange.. did you run into clearance problems with your ATR headers at all going down? Another guy on another post said they wouldn't work with aftermarket headers.. I just want to be a little prepared to beat on the downpipe I guess.

John Nguyen

Back