(4) Goodyear Eagle GT 215/65/15 tires - nice shape

PaulBZ65

likes g-bodies
A set of Goodyear Eagle GT 215/65/15 tires, correct for Turbo Regals (I believe all years using the black letters, correct me if I'm wrong) MCSS, Cutlass 442/Hurst Olds and some 3rd gen f-body's from the factory through or sometime in 87', IIRC they went to the GT+4's at that point. At least half tread is remaining on all tires, consistent even wear, 5-6/32 of tread left based on the coin tests. No dryrot, white letters all in great shape. No holes or patches. Date of manufacture looks like the 50th week of 1997...I'm assuming 97' over 87' based on the condition here but not sure, I forget when they were discontinued. Don't appear to have any flat spots or real blemishes. Even though these look great I don't know I'd drive them daily given the age, more for a show car. If my SS was original I'd probably keep them to mount on my stock wheels but that ship has sailed. Brand new re-pro's are $1,000+ for a set. Save here. Asking $400 plus shipping:

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3555.jpg

IMG_3550.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

I can take specific pictures if you want of anything, just let me know.

Wish you were closer to NC 28105. I'd luv to see these sitting beside my other 4 sets. Check on the shipping please. Thanks.

TTT we go...

Will do $250 shipped, this is my bottom price. I need to at least get my money back :). Have my eye on some other items I could use the money for.

Just my 2 cents, these are probably original take-offs from 1987/88.
We rarely sold GT's in full sets because the GT+4's were so much better in wet and snow at the same price.
Decent pricing on these fellas, get `em before they are gone for your show car.

Good luck with the sale - Jimmy

Thanks for the info. You seem to have some knowledge from that time, do you recall when the GT+4's were used in favor of the GT's from the factory? IIRC on Monte SS's sometime in 87' they changed, or maybe it was a choice by the dealer or if someone ordered the car. Not sure if the Turbo Regals or 442's had the same issue in 87'.

If I was restoring one or if my own was stock (or much closer) I'd keep these mounted on the stock rims. But no plans to acquire one anytime soon that fits the bill.

My best recollection for the 215/65R15 GT+4's from the factory was starting in 1988.
I don't believe the TR's or GN's ever came from the factory with +4's as the last model year for RWD Regals was 1987.
I agree Paul, I to think all the TR and GN Goodyears were blackwall also (The last GN built sits on it's factory blackwall GT's).

GLWS - Jimmy

White outlined Eagle GT's were optional.

All turbo regals came with Eagle GT's.

Pete

Sorry for the late reply, yes, these sold last year. I recently saw someone selling a set on CL in the northern IL/Chicago area IIRC.