You can type here any text you want

4 speed 4.1 v6

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

83turbomon

Starvin Like Marvin...
1978 skyhawk-monza

i didnt know that the buick v6 was avalible with a 4 speed. Im gonna go see how much he wants for this engine. hmm, a turbo 4.1 w/ a 4 speed would be cool.

You could get a V6 with a 3, 4, or 5 speed kid. Since he didn't take the air cleaner off I'm gonna bet is a 78 low port 3.8 engine with a 2 barrel carb.

For that price, I'd be all over that. If it's really a 4.1, i'd check to to see if it had a knock sensor (or at least the hole for one) on the back and if it did, it's an '82 or 83/84 block.

Not a 4.1L engine. It appears to be a stock 231 with a 2bbl. You might get lucky but I seriously doubt he would go through all that work (4.1 swap) to sell it for 400 clams. A 4speed behind a Buick V6 isn't too much fun from a longevity standpoint. I have several thrashed engiine bearings to back that statement up too. If everything is stock it will live OK. As soon as the engine gets more power, the pressure plate gets more aggressive, or the drive style steps up, things break all the time. I now have a TH-350 in my Vega because of it. Don't get me wrong, I would still buy that car for the asking price but I love the H-body (16 and counting). I am not sure too much of that car would be useful to you though. My opinion.

If the motor is "rebuilt" as the ad says, I don't see any more work going into installing a 4.1 longblock vs. a 3.8 longblock. It would be a direct replacement.

Back