You can type here any text you want

42lb injectors ????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

sand1

how much horsepower will 42lb injectors support before haveing to upgrade?

About 390 HP at .55 BSFC and 85% duty cycle.

((42 * 6) / .55) * .85 = 389.5

RemoveBeforeFlight

About 390 HP at .55 BSFC and 85% duty cycle.

((42 * 6) / .55) * .85 = 389.5

RemoveBeforeFlight
hello; I'd like to here about pre-flight workings.
But how did you come up with that and what is BSFC. Please explain simply.
thanks
IBBY

BSFC, Brake Specific Fuel Consumption, is the ratio of fuel consumed per units of power generated. Typically expressed as pounds of fuel per horsepower (HP).

An efficient N/A engine typically runs between .40 and .45 BSFC. A boosted engine, requiring additional fuel for cooling runs in the .55 to .60 range. An old school N/A engine typically ran about .5 BSFC.

The injector duty cycle, which is open time versus time available should be kept below 86%. So using 85% is a good value.

In the above example the .55 BSFC means that for every HP generated the engine consumes .55 pounds of fuel.

RemoveBeforeFlight

What would alky injection add to 390 hp using the 42 lb injectors?
Depends on how much more boost you are able to run in the weather conditions that day.

I was under the impression that a boosted application would be higher than .55 bsfc.

I agree & use .6 for my calcs based on info from from vortebuicks.com..
As a rule of thumb could you figure single nozzle alky injection a seventh injector for h.p. estimating purposes ?

I was under the impression it was around 475 at the crank?

45-47lbs/min by themselves. That's lbs of air

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duty cycle is not the only thing to look at. If we lower the fuel pressure,every injector will flow less fuel per hour than it did at the previous pressure. The opposite thing happens when we raise the fuel pressure. Don't assume that you've reached the end of your injectors fuel delivery capabilities because the duty cycle is 85%. It can deliver more fuel and atomize it better at higher fuel pressure levels generally speaking.

Back