You can type here any text you want

4th gen aluminum driveshaft?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbows6

Are they a direct swap into a TTA? I know a bunch of V8 third gen guys use them, but I don't know about doing it with a 200-4r.

If it's used, have it checked for being bent.
My d/s supplier, [PST] tells me that 90% of the used F-body shafts he tries to balance for vib problems are bent....

Are they a direct swap into a TTA? I know a bunch of V8 third gen guys use them, but I don't know about doing it with a 200-4r.

Howdy turbows6!

You'd be better off having a carbon fiber shaft made. The aluminium shaft is weak, I've seen them twisted in half.

It sounds like it doesn't work anyway from the guys on thirdgen.org. I don't even know why I'm asking now that I think about it. I'm swapping a T-56 into my brothers Monte Carlo SS from a Th-350 and we had to have the driveshaft cut, so obviously a stock LS1 shaft would be too short.

Driveshaft

looked into this a couple of months ago, I have several 4th gen driveshafts including a couple of 1LE shafts....they will not fit a TTA. They do fit 3rd gens with V8 / 700R in them.

Back