You can type here any text you want

4X10's

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Boss. sounds crazy, but I have yet to hear a Pioneer, Kenwood, clarion etc that sounded as good or was anywhere near as reliable as the ol Boss were.

ECLIPSE

Eclipse all the way for the sound quality and not to mention the great price. Best 4 x 10's I've heard, very clear highs and strong bass...

Adapter is the way to go

dump the 4x10s and go with a adapter to 6x9s. They sound better and cost less, sounds good to me:D. I have yet to hear a good 4x10. What was GM thinking when they used those things:rolleyes:.

I have to agree with Yedi.

Eclipse is the way to go. I had 6X9's in the back of mine but the stuck to far down with the adapters. To far because they hit my new sub enclosure. I am gonna go with a set of 4X10 eclipse now because the sound of the 6X9's was so good.

I wish Morel made 4x10's, I would have to change my opinion. heh

Good luck

I have Eclipse's at the front now and I am happy with them.

With the 6X9 adaptors is there any cutting or drilling that's required?

6x9s

Originally posted by GNANIMO
I have Eclipse's at the front now and I am happy with them.

With the 6X9 adaptors is there any cutting or drilling that's required?

Nop nothing, the adapters bolt to the 6x9s and then it comes with a hanger that holds it in place. The only problem with the adapters is that the 6x9 may not fit because of the torsion bars for the trunk lid the 6x9s hang down low. It was a tight fit, but i made it work:D.

Canada, i dont know about in Canada :confused: GNANIMO, any car audio place should have or be able to get the adapters for you. Good luck.

chris

I don't know much about speakers. I was looking to put new speakers in the back. Do I want 2-way or 3-way speakers? I was looking at Jensen's and Pioneer. Any suggestions?

What is the magnet for on the bottom of the speakers?

4 X 10

I got Audiobahn 4 X 10's (ACX412) and they sound great. Lots of good, low bass, Kevlar cones, and they handle 110 watts RMS. They also come with a crossover for each speaker. I got them from www.usacaraudio.com.

Mel Phillips
87 GN

Back