5-1/4"'s in the rear deck?

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
is there an adapter or a secret to putting a 5.25" speaker in the rear deck of my gn?in my limited experience 5.25"s always seem to sound better than 6x9's,and way better than 4x10's.

am i on crack?:confused:

or is there another combination that i'm not taking into consideration?

fyi,not a high end system,basically replacing the stock crap with decent stuff and adding a sub(i have a 10 and a 15,both older punch)to fill in the bottom end a bit.

and i listen to a lot of SLAYER :D

thanx fellas.

later,sean

You can make the 5.25s work but you will have to make an adapter plate. I would recomend 3/4" MDF plate that will secure to the rear deck to hold 5.25s. I installed my a/d/s 3.5s this way in mine for a little bit of rear fill.

A few questions

Looking to put a component kit in, the tweeters would go in the front deck, and the 5.25's in the door. I know these kits can get expensive, and I'm looking for some clean sound. Also.......
Who's 6x9's should I go with or should I get something else???
TIA.

Re: A few questions

Originally posted by Wht87T
Looking to put a component kit in, the tweeters would go in the front deck, and the 5.25's in the door. I know these kits can get expensive, and I'm looking for some clean sound. Also.......
Who's 6x9's should I go with or should I get something else???
TIA.

Here is a link to 1 of the previous threads on 6 x 9s called "6 x 9 speakers" Here is the link:

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5398&highlight=6+x+9s