You can type here any text you want

5.25" Door Speakers

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

8UWITH6

Keepin' The Shiny Side Up
Just wondering if I should put bass blockers on these? I currently have some PPI 4's in the doors which are now blown. I also have JL 3.5s in the dash with no bass blockers. Im just thinking the source unit (Rockford Fosgate FF9120) might have too much power for these little speakers. My 6x9s and subs are obviously powered by amps, so should I just use the front speakers for front fill? Any thoughts? Also, where do you put the bass blockers? In front of the speaker on the + lead or after the source unit? I havent really messed with stereo stuff for a few years now. Thanks

If your using deck power amplifier then you don't need the bass blocker.

I'd still put them on. Chaep insurance. Besides, they cannot play those freqs anyway. Might as well filter them out.

I agree with GNandTTA...everyone always thinks it's power that blows a speaker. Truth be told, it is rarely overpowering that blows speakers. It is typically distortion and UNDERPOWERing that will kill them.
Put the bass blockers on. This will keep the little fellas from trying to do something they can't and dying in the meantime.

Back