You can type here any text you want

5\8 Wheels Studs?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WLDWST

Anyone here ever used a 5\8" wheel stud with a stock Aluminum T wheel? Any pics? Is it even possible. I figure a 1\2" stud is no biggie, but curious about the 5\8".

I doubt its possible without opening the holes up in the rims and basically ruining the rims, and probably weakening them. The 1/2" studs are .025 bigger in diameter than the 12.5 MM factory ones. The GM long studs work well but you have to open the ends of the locknuts. Unless your planning to run below 9.50 then you could maybe think about something bigger.

I doubt its possible without opening the holes up in the rims and basically ruining the rims, and probably weakening them. The 1/2" studs are .025 bigger in diameter than the 12.5 MM factory ones. The GM long studs work well but you have to open the ends of the locknuts. Unless your planning to run below 9.50 then you could maybe think about something bigger.

I kinda figured that was the case. I guess the 1\2" will probably work just fine for mid 10's. The 1\2" open ended lug nuts seems the way to go. I will pursue that line of thought. Thanks for the input.

The 5/8 studs usually have a shoulder on them or have a thin sleeve that threads down to the axle flange... They also use aluminum washers/spacers on the outside of the wheels...
Not something that would work easily on a stock rim. :cool:

Back